November 5, 2013
|Previous Meeting: October 29, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 12, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Space Update
- Electrician Status
- The electrician has encountered some legal trouble which is preventing him from moving freely about the city. Ian is contacting another electrician.
- Camera Project
- The cameras have been purchased. Ian is waiting on cable delivery.
- Has Grant inspected the roof?
- Electrician Status
- T-shirts Update
- Jon contacted Craig, who can provide the tshirt art.
- Game day
- Games happened last Saturday with relatively good turnout.
- Cinci 2600
- Barry gave a presentation on windows shadow hive keys
- Chris andersen gave a talk on privacy and mental illness
- Microcontroller Monday
- MCM runs from 6-10P Monday evenings.
- Shadoxx further complicated his blinkenlights. Two new attendees.
- Saturday Cleanup.
- There is a bunch of messy stuff on central table--take a look to see if its yours or put it away if you know where it goes!
- Belt Sander Update
- Putting the purchase to a vote - 16 voting members present.
- A vote to spend up to $200 on a hybrid belt/spindle sander passed by 18 votes out of 16. (last minute remote votes from Ian and DaveB via Google Hangout)
- Ryan, Jon, and Coy will place a group order for steel this week. If anyone is interested, talk to one of them.
- Bill - Increasing resolution of his 3d printers. 75 microns.
- Judas - Dropping by with some equipment donations
- Shadoxx - Working on Audectra audio visualizer.
- Jon Neal - Did fewer bad things, and more good things. (I admit, I was not paying attention to Jon)
- John - New Member - Getting started with Arduino.
- Franklin - playing with his new fitbit
- Jason - Repairing his crappy Accord, building a hardened Linux kernel
- Nancy - working on a rag rug. got a new snake
- Ian Matthews - Working on the kegerator
- Brent - Coincidentally also working on a crappy accord
- Emily - Knitting furiously.
- Tiffany - Working on some laser cutter projects.
- John - Working on woodshop layout and safety
- Dave R - Got his (CNC?) code working.
- Marcus - Helping marvin with laser cutting
- Jim - Researching a project for next year's maker faire
- Jen - friend of tiffany's visiting the space.
- Austin - New Visitor.
- Ian - Provided update on electrician, cameras, and roof repairs.
- DaveB - snuck in for a last minute sander vote.
- Bill came in last week and found the thermostat set to 88 degrees. This overheats all the things. Please leave the heater set to reasonable values.
- See above updates to old and new business.