November 9, 2021
|Previous Meeting: November 2, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: November 16, 2021|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: 2701 Spring Grove Avenue, Cincinnati OH 45225 (with Hybrid online option)
If you come in person, call our doorbell number 513-909-4483
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- Building Updates
- PLEASE respect the building alarm
- We have 24 hour access to our space and the front stairwell ONLY, all other areas will trigger the alarm.
- The alarm is active from 10pm to 6am
- Do not go into any other part of the building during these times (ie; dumping the trash), as it will set off the alarm.
- Wear a mask (Required for entry to Hive13)
- Get vaccinated if you can
- While you are at it, get a Flu shot!
- NO spraying VOCs indoors until we have implemented a legitimate ventilation system for the paint booth please. Please take it out to the parking lot for the time being. This should be short term, the ventilation is a high priority.
- Please don't forget to log yourself out of the shared PCs
- Please remove all material from the laser when you are done. That means if you put the large metal honeycomb in for your project, you must remove it when you're done. Not all of us are strong enough to remove it
- What kind of things are you interested in doing/making?
- How did you hear about us?
- Tour After Meeting
- November 9th, 2021 - Second Tuesday Talk
- Kate Cook and her mom will be demo-ing using spinning wheels and creating yarn!
- After meeting
- Nov 30th 2021 - Narcan Training
- After meeting
- Return of Retro Game Night in December?
- December 5th 2021 - Narcan Training
- After meeting
- Don't forget to submit T shirt designs
Upcoming Certifications & Classes
- Big and Small Lasers
- November 13, 2021
- Taught by Ralph B
- Squaring Stock Basics (Jointer, Planar, Table Saw, and miter saw)
- November 20, 2021
- Currently in need of teacher
- Basics of soldering, desoldering, and proto-board circuit building
- November 20, 2021 (moved from the 27 due to Thanksgiving)
- Taught by John C
- Magnus S and Alfredo H are metal lathe certified
- There were 3 certification classes Saturday!
- Alfredo H, Nancy H, Brant M, Lisa C were certified
- Matt Z, Magnus S, Aseem J, Drew W were certified
- Wood Lathe
- Ask Dave V
- Opportunity with Girls Who Code
- Kostas for explanation
- Discuss meeting room thoughts
- Feeds into creation of #Operations on Slack
- John C explanation
- Kitchen buildout "committee"
- Meet Nov 20 at 2
- Kayla explanation
- Photography ward
- Huge amount of work by Dave S, Vincent L and Alfredo H
- Throw to them for discussion
- Wood piece donated by Pi
- Would love to turn it into a display for projects
- Can someone make a sign / directions for the wood shop dust bin indicator?
- Call to action for completion of dust collection hookups and buttoning up rest of ductwork
- About 90% complete
- See post in #woodworking
- Spreadsheet for Tuesday Talkers can be found here
- New drone tour by Brad W!
- Finance update by Jim?
- Bylaw changes next year discussion
- Throw to Chris D
- Slack "react" key for agenda
- Frisbee & Placard
- Coupon Code for Custom Made Better : SUPPORT5
- What have you made?
- See TV bulletin board
start time: end time: