October 6, 2009
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: September 29, 2009||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: October 13, 2009|
Time: 7:00 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
Status Updates / Old Business
- Officer Reports
- Form 1023 -Dave
- Cabling Oct. 10 - Starbuck
- Console Gaming Night Oct. 10 - ???
- MAME barter with KOIPound - Starbuck, Craig, ChrisA
- Cincy Co-Works - cjdavis
- Propaganda / Diplomacy Committee - ???
- BattleBots - Nathaniel
- Scheduling a Special Review Meeting - Dave
- reviewing fees, officers, committees, etc.
- Establishing Policies - Board of Directors
- contributing vs full, lending vs donating
- University of Cincinnati Laboratory for Recreational Computing Linux Installfest http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu/installfest/
Items to be Voted on
Assigning Next Actions
- chris davis
- Chris A
- pokes, nathan, britney
- have a similar space KOIPound, 2008 freeman ave.
- performance space, workshop space, open courtyard
- "collective of performers, artists, makers, mad scientists..."
- going to do a MAME cabinet project
- pedal-powered art car with some tech aspects
- will be getting into metalworking
- would be awesome to trade skills and projects
- around 30ish regulars
- koipound.org koiburners.com
- full woodshop, leather-smithing shop, stone carving tools,
- we have open potluck every week on wednesdays and sundays
- membership is $25 per month, was $50 for access to the shop
- craig: there is a contact in this shop with the ability to hook us or koi up with metalworking tools
- let's follow up on this!
- let's trade emails, etc.
- co-working spaces are for people that would otherwise be working from home, tele-commuting, stuff like that
- gives people with laptops a place to work besides starbucks, panera, etc
- we are trying to start one up in cincinnati (there isn't one yet)
- there is also a Jelly group in cincinnati that is sort of related
- we are currently looking for a space, figuring out business aspects
- have had a couple successful meetups
- also good for networking with other people
- hive13 is pretty much empty all day in the day time
- is hive13 is maybe not finished enough?
- co-working spaces are traditionally slicker than what we have here
- gerard is cool with how finished hive13 is
- would like to schedule a regular meeting at a regular place
- cjdavis can let you in
- pick a time and do it! :)
- about an 8 hour block
- might possibly charge for it
- a contact that Kris knows looking for a new space to to work
- does food, would upgrade the kitchen
- we should definitely talk to this guy too
- almost done
- will run it by experts within this week
- will post a query to the hackerspaces.org list also
- let's just get it done
- down this month
- 12 full, 6 student
- send out an email about membership drive to bring in new members?
- everyone try to bring in new people with publicity
- not enough money to spend on extras this month
- our fee is kinda high right now
- we can't lower it yet
should we have a 6-month review meeting
- yes, maybe it would be wise for at least the board to sit down
- or maybe quarterly?
- lower fees?
- reduce to one tier?
- people keep wanting to become contributing members to pay less but then don't contribute extra
- "in-kind donation"
- how do account for what people "contribute"
- avishaan: maybe we need more group projects, competitions
- everyone wants to be a part of a group
- example: red bull racing, pumpkin tossing
competitions - group cohesion
- we need to do more of this type of stuff
- fun nights, movie nights
- open hack nights
- weeknights that are more generic - like instead of python night make it every wednesday is code night, microcontroller mondays
- give people reasons to come
- microcontroller mondays
- programming wednesdays
- drink beer friday - "full frontal nerdity"
- monthly lockin/hackathon night
- we need to replace officers
- we will hold election first meeting of november
- this needs to be a working group
- Jim is interested in this
- we should blog more more
- show off our stuff
- ChrisA - if you know where the leaks are get ahold of doug cuz he's looking to fix it up
- let's get a nice design and order up a crapload for free from somewhere
- let's try to do this this weekend