Outreach Committee Meeting - April 20th, 2022

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Outreach Committee Meetings
Previous: March 16th, 2022 Meeting Procedure - Outreach Committee Next: May 18th, 2022

Meeting Info

Wednesday, April 20th · 7:30 – 8:30pm

Google Meet joining info

Video call link: https://meet.google.com/tkp-kgvm-tnw

Or dial: ‪(US) +1 631-709-2179‬ PIN: ‪684 168 825‬#

More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/tkp-kgvm-tnw?pin=[[1]]


Attendees


Agenda - Old Business

  • Tuesday Talks Checkin
    • Smooth sailing!! HUZZAH!!
    • PLEASE CONTACT KOSTAS IF YOUR TALK FALLS THROUGH.
      • NBD, we will find someone to talk.
  • Parades!!
    • Pride coming up fast!!
      • Pride13 stickers from Kayla L. (thank you!!)(you're welcome!)
      • Kayla hoping to get a sheet printed to see what they actually look like first week of May
        • This just consists of printing it and silhouette cutting it. Can do at home. Just need to do it
      • pride13.org redirects to ✨us✨ (thank you Chris D.!!)
      • What do we want to look like as we walk??
        • CONSIDERATIONS
          • This is a DAYTIME parade with possible weather for June
          • Carrying it for a WHILE plus getting from staging -> Sawyer's Point -> back is a pain
          • Something cohesive so we don't look like a "they gave us shirts and we walk" entry but not the full look
          • HANDING OUT CARDS biiiiig key here
      • In my dream world, we get with the museum and see if they want us to have a Learn To Solder class there for kids shortly after (like within 2 weeks)
        • Maybe collab with Wave Pool??
    • BLINK
      • Will B., Ryan A., and Kostas P. have been working hard on this!!
        • LED cube pitch is being written and drafted up.
        • Ryan A.:
          • - Ordered 12V & 24V LED ropes with 40 round bulbs each from AliExpress. The expectation is to use these for prototype LED columns in the cube. - [TODO]: I'll be adding some more details to project wiki page
      • Please contact them in #blink-2022 (not #blink-182) if you want to help
  • HONEYCOMBS!!
    • Kayla L. is taking the reins!!
      • Hoping to get some filming going in may
      • Have talked with a lot of people and have their availability noted, will make a little schedule shortly (ish)(before May fosho)
      • Kayla needs to learn the streaming cart / will prob need video assistance?
        • Will do test run with Kate or Lisa for the topics they wanted to talk about since I'm cool with fucking up around them hahahah
      • Action: figure out a boilerplate for what honeycombs is as people seem to still be a little confused. Add call out to tv slideshow
    • What do I need?
      • Streaming cart knowledge. Streaming cart volunteers
      • Other interviewers? I'm totally cool doing as many as possible but imagine people will get sick of me haha
      • How to incorporate these into social media. Kinda wanna just hand this off to someone else to make it happen


  • New Member Onboarding
    • Jackson is the mentor monarch for our new mentoring program!!
      • Pls fill this out so we can help and be supportive and yeah!! - Kostas P.
    • Kits
      • Lisa C. made a SUPER RAD LASER/CROSS STITCH PROJECT??
      • Bare minimum safety glasses, beginner guide to "what to do", and some Hive13 merch.

Agenda - New business

  • More media engagement!!
    • Jack M. will help us become better memelords
  • Getting out there!!
    • Learn to solder at Union Terminal
    • Supporting Hive13 artists getting into galleries etc.
    • Halloween costume repair class??
    • Lots of ✨potential✨
  • Reviving an old business thing: MAKING THE WEBSITE LESS... CONFUSING
    • More access to our socials instead of scrolling for them or just not having them listed
    • Updating photos
    • What else do you wanna see?
    • Kostas will be joining (read: terrorizing) the tech committee on the 30th and hopes you will join them.
  • T-SHIRTS COMING TOMORROW
    • Thanks so much to Aaron, Colin, and the whole DIY Printing team!!
    • CHRIS, JIM, AND KOSTAS GET THIS SHIT SORTED ASAP THX

Minutes

  • Updating spreadsheet for Tuesday Talks
    • Contact Kostas if talk falls through
  • Parade notes #1
    • Pride
      • Pride craft night
        • Rhinestone and other crafts
        • Jellyfish umbrellas (streamers along the side)
      • Walk theme: "everyone is a maker"
      • Social media to reflect theme, highlight makers
      • Coordinating shuttling and carpooling at Sawyer Point
      • Coordinate clothing, daytime parade
  • Honeycombs
    • Many people are interested
    • This weekend(?) Kayla is organizing avail.
    • Need to make sure that the streaming cart is ready
      • Will probably need assistance with getting set up
    • First test rounds with Kate or Lisa or Kostas
    • Write-ups on what Honeycombs are coming soon
  • Parade notes #2
    • Blink
      • LED cube prototype has been completed
        • Cube is very bright
        • Shown on the meeting camera
      • We're looking to end up with a 6-8ft cube
      • Looking for programmers:
        • Someone who can write low level Arduino code
        • Someone (or a group of people) who can write "patterns" to make the show
      • Ideally want strips of LEDs to be hot swappable and modular
      • In the gantry, a small speaker system will be placed
      • DMX protocol will be able to sync lights and noise
      • 2 strands coming in, one 12V and one 24V. Ordering the rest of them after decision
      • Will going to the meeting tomorrow for pitching the idea
      • Additional animations for the prototype cube would be good
  • Mentorship program
    • Wiki page for mentorship program Q&A
    • Two google forms exist, one for the mentor and one for the mentee
      • Slack and mailing list posts coming soon
    • Methods of communication/availability factored into matchmaking
    • Members that have joined within the past 3 months will have opportunity to join mentee pool
    • Brand new members will be matched with mentors hopefully within 2 days
    • Nothing strict, but a contact for new members to find their way around
    • Mentors will be able to mark what they know on the form and be matched with the new members with similar interests
    • New member kits:
      • Safety glasses and hearing protection
      • Beginner "what to do" guide
      • Hive13 merch, stickers
      • Lisa's cool cross stitch kit project
      • Funding comes from Outreach, Kostas talking to Jim about funding that
  • New business
    • Jack working on social media engagement and making posts/templates
      • Researching call of actions and also meme formats
    • Getting out there:
      • Learn to solder at Union Terminal
      • Supporting artist stuff with getting members into galleries
      • Halloween costume repair/sustainable fashion
        • Wanting to do more classes and training that are open to the public
        • Facebook, meetup, getting outside people in who aren't makers already
        • We need to figure out if the Hive administration is open to these ideas
      • Philadelphia Maker Faire
        • Would love to attend more maker fairs
    • The website is confusing
      • More access to socials that scroll along with the screen
      • Updated photos and links
      • Kostas will be at the tech committee meeting to ask about changes
    • T-shirts coming tomorrow
      • DIY Printing team shoutout
      • Chris, Jim, and Kostas getting/handling payment for shirts
  • Other notes
    • Making sure that guest speakers have time to set up their presentations beforehand
    • "Why do cows have cowbells? Because their horns don't work."

New To-Do List

hehe blaze it