Outreach Committee Meeting - August 17th, 2022: Difference between revisions

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(cleaning up and making dates current. will add more later.)
 
(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 17: Line 17:


==Agenda - Old Business==
==Agenda - Old Business==
*Tuesday Talks Updates
**WE'RE ALMOST THERE FOLKS
***September and October confirmed.
***Who for November?
****Possibly our buddies at Fab Ferments?
***December is pretty busy
****Do we want a speaker or just skip that month?
*MiC
**Making signs for our friends at Wavepool!
***40 signs, affordable but sturdy
***Vinyl on yard signs?
***Can we do this?
**We need tour guides, "crowd control", demo-ers
**Suggest we move Saturday cleanup a week earlier
*Blink
**<nowiki>*distant screaming*</nowiki>
**WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!!
**Wanna walk if we get in?
***Please let Kostas know '''''BEFORE TOMORROW NIGHT.'''''
****Even if we don't, we'll be doing a Hive13 field trip to support Jessica W.!
*Supplies
**We're doing great, still need a black table cloth, extension cords, and rags.
**Maaaaaaybe some coolers, mini fans, and cool stuff?


==Agenda - New business==
==Agenda - New business==
*Merch
**HIVE IS REAL fall/winter order?
**Do we want to do this?
***One color, looking in to more extended sizing
***Kostas P.: I would love to work with our friends at DIY Printing again, we want to support local makers as makers ourselves.
***Kevin M. - can we get slightly higher quality base shirts this time?  The fit on the last batch was very inconsistent between colors
*Hive13 1-2-3s
**Working title lol
**Making videos/guides for new members about housekeeping/procedure stuff
**(if Kostas P. can edit the video fast they will show it now)
*Social Media
**Memes, videos, concepts quick brainstorm session


==Minutes==
==Minutes==
* Tuesday Talks
** Nov - Fab Ferments, Kostas will reach out for availability
** Dec ideas -
*** Secret santa/cookie exchange/holiday party
*** No tuesday talk (break)?
** Jan - Contacting Arcade Legacy to come for a talk
* Made in Camp
** Need tour guides, crowd control
** Do we get hay bales or folding chairs? Hay might be more feasible
** Who's manning tours in the Hive?
** Kostas asking Chase about playing the tesla musical coil
** John will go to St. Vincent/Goodwill to look for a supply for folding chairs
* Made in Camp--signs
** One of the higher ups at wave pool asked us if we were able to create 40 signs
** Corrugated plastic yard signs with vinyl graphics
** Corrugated plastic yard signs with spray paint/stencils
** Signs would be about ~$190
** Should we set a date for making these signs?
*** Talk about setting a date at Needlecraft night and maybe make a prototype sign
** Use big vinyl cutter for the numbers, cameo for the drawing and logos.
* Saturday Cleanup
** Moving Saturday cleanup one weekend earlier as to not conflict with Made in Camp
* Blink
** Our entry is very close to being done
** If we don't get in, we should def still do a field trip to support the Hive members that are in the event already!
** Tell Kostas if you want to walk in the Blink festivities
* Parades
** What parades do you want to see the Hive in next year?
** Pride again, for sure
* Materials
** See list in agenda for more things that we need to look for
* Merch
** Are we going forward with the Hive is Real design?
** Do we want the Hive logo on the t-shirt?
** Try keeping the screening the same price
* Trash procedure
** Kostas made a trash procedure video
** Jack will put this on the wiki page he is making
* Union Terminal
** We should consider starting up our relationship with the Union Terminal again
** Learn 2 Soldier
** Reach out to the new leadership there to ask about doing maker events
* Social Media
** Kostas is still looking for Content Creators:tm: to create new projects for our socials
** More progress on the website would be appreciated


==New To-Do List==
==New To-Do List==
* Kostas: reach out to Fab Ferments, ask Chase about playing the tesla musical coil, compile list for Blink participants
* John: go to St. Vincent/Goodwill to look for a supply of folding chairs (20 maximum chairs)
* Lisa: announce that Saturday Cleanup that has been moved the weekend before MiC
* Jack: incorporate Kostas' trash video onto the trash wiki page
* Everyone: what parades do you want to see the Hive attend next year?

Latest revision as of 19:23, 17 August 2022

Outreach Committee Meetings
Previous: July 20th, 2022 Meeting Procedure - Outreach Committee Next: September 21st, 2022

Meeting Info

Wednesday, August 17th · 7:30 – 8:30pm

Google Meet joining info

Video call link: https://meet.google.com/tkp-kgvm-tnw

Or dial: ‪(US) +1 631-709-2179‬ PIN: ‪684 168 825‬#

More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/tkp-kgvm-tnw?pin=[[1]]

Attendees

Agenda - Old Business

  • Tuesday Talks Updates
    • WE'RE ALMOST THERE FOLKS
      • September and October confirmed.
      • Who for November?
        • Possibly our buddies at Fab Ferments?
      • December is pretty busy
        • Do we want a speaker or just skip that month?
  • MiC
    • Making signs for our friends at Wavepool!
      • 40 signs, affordable but sturdy
      • Vinyl on yard signs?
      • Can we do this?
    • We need tour guides, "crowd control", demo-ers
    • Suggest we move Saturday cleanup a week earlier
  • Blink
    • *distant screaming*
    • WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!!!!
    • Wanna walk if we get in?
      • Please let Kostas know BEFORE TOMORROW NIGHT.
        • Even if we don't, we'll be doing a Hive13 field trip to support Jessica W.!
  • Supplies
    • We're doing great, still need a black table cloth, extension cords, and rags.
    • Maaaaaaybe some coolers, mini fans, and cool stuff?

Agenda - New business

  • Merch
    • HIVE IS REAL fall/winter order?
    • Do we want to do this?
      • One color, looking in to more extended sizing
      • Kostas P.: I would love to work with our friends at DIY Printing again, we want to support local makers as makers ourselves.
      • Kevin M. - can we get slightly higher quality base shirts this time? The fit on the last batch was very inconsistent between colors
  • Hive13 1-2-3s
    • Working title lol
    • Making videos/guides for new members about housekeeping/procedure stuff
    • (if Kostas P. can edit the video fast they will show it now)
  • Social Media
    • Memes, videos, concepts quick brainstorm session

Minutes

  • Tuesday Talks
    • Nov - Fab Ferments, Kostas will reach out for availability
    • Dec ideas -
      • Secret santa/cookie exchange/holiday party
      • No tuesday talk (break)?
    • Jan - Contacting Arcade Legacy to come for a talk
  • Made in Camp
    • Need tour guides, crowd control
    • Do we get hay bales or folding chairs? Hay might be more feasible
    • Who's manning tours in the Hive?
    • Kostas asking Chase about playing the tesla musical coil
    • John will go to St. Vincent/Goodwill to look for a supply for folding chairs
  • Made in Camp--signs
    • One of the higher ups at wave pool asked us if we were able to create 40 signs
    • Corrugated plastic yard signs with vinyl graphics
    • Corrugated plastic yard signs with spray paint/stencils
    • Signs would be about ~$190
    • Should we set a date for making these signs?
      • Talk about setting a date at Needlecraft night and maybe make a prototype sign
    • Use big vinyl cutter for the numbers, cameo for the drawing and logos.
  • Saturday Cleanup
    • Moving Saturday cleanup one weekend earlier as to not conflict with Made in Camp
  • Blink
    • Our entry is very close to being done
    • If we don't get in, we should def still do a field trip to support the Hive members that are in the event already!
    • Tell Kostas if you want to walk in the Blink festivities
  • Parades
    • What parades do you want to see the Hive in next year?
    • Pride again, for sure
  • Materials
    • See list in agenda for more things that we need to look for
  • Merch
    • Are we going forward with the Hive is Real design?
    • Do we want the Hive logo on the t-shirt?
    • Try keeping the screening the same price
  • Trash procedure
    • Kostas made a trash procedure video
    • Jack will put this on the wiki page he is making
  • Union Terminal
    • We should consider starting up our relationship with the Union Terminal again
    • Learn 2 Soldier
    • Reach out to the new leadership there to ask about doing maker events
  • Social Media
    • Kostas is still looking for Content Creators:tm: to create new projects for our socials
    • More progress on the website would be appreciated

New To-Do List

  • Kostas: reach out to Fab Ferments, ask Chase about playing the tesla musical coil, compile list for Blink participants
  • John: go to St. Vincent/Goodwill to look for a supply of folding chairs (20 maximum chairs)
  • Lisa: announce that Saturday Cleanup that has been moved the weekend before MiC
  • Jack: incorporate Kostas' trash video onto the trash wiki page
  • Everyone: what parades do you want to see the Hive attend next year?