Paragon SC-2 Silver & Glass Kiln
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Hive13 Asset Tag: HV0060|
|Make/Model: Paragon SC-2 Silver & Glass Kiln (google)|
|Arrival Date: December 2019|
|Does it work?: yes|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
|Contact: Kevin M|
|Floorplan: Hot Crafts Area|
About this Item
Starting A Program
- Check if it is on already and if it is in a cycle. If cycling, let it finish. DO NOT OPEN THE ANNEALER IF IT IS CYCLING, ANNEALING GLASS. Opening the annealer at any time it is not holding the loading temperature for loading or cooled to below 125F will cause the glass in it to crack. If off, or cycle is complete and temperature has reached under 125F, empty the annealer of any annealed pieces.
- If off, flip switch up to turn on. wait for the temperature controller to boot up and the display to reach a stable rotation of information. If it says anything other than Idle/<Current Temp>, press the Start/Stop/Enter/Program button till it says Idle/<Current Temp>.
- Press the Start/Stop/Enter/Program button to enter the program list.
- Press Up Arrow/Higher button to scroll through the available programs till the display says the program you want. Only the up arrow may be used to scroll through the list, if you go past the program you need, just keep scrolling up till it comes back around.
- PR01 is programmed for Garaging and Annealing Soft Glass
- PR02 is programmed for Garaging and Annealing Borosilicate Glass
- PR03 is programmed for Lost Wax Burnout
- Once the desired program is located, press the Down Arrow/Lower/Delay/Review button to enter the "Review" mode for that program. The "Review" light will turn on, and the screen will begin cycling through the steps of the program.
- Press the Start/Stop/Enter/Program button to start the program.
- The display should show “-ON-” and the run light should start blinking (if not, Press the Start/Stop/Enter/Program button again). In a few moments the red light below the controller should turn on indicating the annealer is heating.
- While running, the display will indicate the current temperature of the annealer. Do not load any glass in the annealer until it reaches at least 925F. Loading glass in the annealer at less than 925F can cause it to crack.
Starting Annealing For Glass Programs
When you are done making and loading glass pieces, and ready for the annealing to begin, you must skip the infinite hold that is programmed in for garaging/loading.
- Press the Up Arrow/Higher button till the "SStp" (Skip Step) option appears on the screen.
- Press the Start/Stop/Enter button to select the "SStp" (Skip Step) option.
- The screen will display "Hld1", press the Start/Stop/Enter button to confirm you want to skip step Hold 1
- The screen should now no longer be flashing between a temperature and "99:59" as it was during the infinite hold garaging step, instead it will display the temperature and begin to ramp up the temperature to the annealing temperature. Once the annealing temperature is reached, it will begin to flash between the current temp and the remaining hold time (starts at 1 hours and counts down).
- The full annealing cycle takes between 2 and 3 hours to run, and then an additional 2-3 hours for the kiln to cool to unloading temperature (below 125f). Do not open the kiln till it reaches unloading temperature (below 125f).