Powermatic 3520A Lathe
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Hive13 Asset Tag: HV00??|
|Make/Model: Powermatic 3520A Wood Lathe (google)|
|Arrival Date: 06/2022|
|Does it work?: Yes|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
|Contact: Dave Velzy|
To Do List
- Assign asset tag
- Sort out donated tools
- Set up tool storage
- Document Start up and run process
- Level tool sharpening stand (floor is uneven so it wobbles)
- Document tool sharpening
- Run test piece
- Do a class
This Powermatic 3520A wood lathe, has an electronic variable speed control on its 2 HP Max motor to enable turning objects at any speed between 0 and 3,200 RPMs. Note" The speed LED display is on the back side of the headstock and is not viewable from the front. There is a chart in the manual that converts the reading to spindle RPM.
Parts List: Parts List for the Delta Wood Lathe
Product Evaluation: Product Evaluation
- Powerful 2 hp max, 3ph motor run from 220V 1ph through a VFD
- 20-inch swing capacity (508 mm)
- The base 3520A lathe has a maximum distance between centers of 34 1/2" (977 mm).
- Electronic variable Speed with three-pulley speed ranges provide the required speeds needed to turn a project without changing belt position
- Forward and Reversing function allows the turner to achieve a superior finish. Sanding a turned piece with the grain causes the wood fibers to lay down and remain rough.
- Belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life
- Skew Chisels
- Roughing Gouges
- Spindle and Bowl Gouges
- Two 13mm drill chucks
- Live Center
- Two Dead Centers
- Pen Turning Collet
- Radius Gauge
- Tekna Tool Titan Chuck - with multiple jaws. Note most all of the jaws we have fit this chuck.
- Two Six Screw Face Plates for large blanks
- Quick Close Chuck
- 3/4" Collet Chuck
- 6" Tool Rest
- 12" Tool Rest
- Knock Out Tool
- Motor: 2 HP max, 240V, 60 Hz, 3 Phase
- Speed: 0 to 3200 RPM
- Swing Over Bed: 20 in.
- Distance between Centers with Extension: 38 in.
- These images are place holders