Roland PNC-3000 CNC Mill
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|List of All Documented Equipment
|Hive13 Asset Tag: None|
|Make/Model: Roland CAMM-3 PNC-3000 Desktop Milling Machine (google)|
|Arrival Date: 02/08/2012|
|Does it work?: yes|
|Certification Needed?: yes|
- We only have the 3/16" collet for this mill, and it is next to impossible to locate other collets that will fit this model. This means you can only use end-mills w/ a 3/16" shank.
- Paul has purchased a set of 10x end mills with 5x different sizes (2x of each size, one 2 flute, one 4 flute).
- Assorted programs installed on the control computer, variety of formats supported. The challenge is figuring out which control program can open which format of file.
Donated to the Hive by Tom Fitzgibbons, who originally picked it up at a P&G auction. Thanks Tom!
- Yahoo group for Roland CAMM-3 - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/
- Using G-Code with the PNC-3000 - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop_machines/66841-here_how_use_g-code_roland.html
- Discussion of reprogramming a PNC-3000 with new BIOS - http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/showthread.php/3138-Hacking-a-Roland-CAMM3-PNC-3000