Steel City Table Saw
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Make/Model: Steel City 35618 (google)|
|Arrival Date: 2/2014|
|Does it work?: Yes|
|Certification Needed?: No|
The table saw is completely operational, but it could do with some touch ups!
The nut holding the blade requires a 22mm wrench. The nut holding the splitter requires a 16mm wrench.
- Finish Dust collector so the saw doesn't end up filled with sawdust again.
- Resurface the table top to get rid of the rust and make it flat again.
Riving Knife Options
14 February 2014
- Was purchased for $700. Approximately 4 years old at time of purchase and had been in storage for a while and had a small leak above it. Some rust on machine as shown in images.
- Bearings and belt were purchased by Hutch for ~$87.
- Ryan and Jon disassembled most of the saw to do maintenance such as remove surface rust and replace the bearing for the blade mount.
10 March 2014
- Ryan and Jon finished assembling the outfeed table and fence so the saw has been completely put back together.
- Jon replaced the short ~2m power cord with a ~3.5m cord for $23.
2 May 2014
- Jon called Steel City Tool Works to find out about a replacement table wing and a saw blade cover.
- New table wing is $197 retail (they accidentally told me that the dealer price is $58.41 though!!)
- Saw blade cover (which includes a riving knife, etc) is $68.71 retail.
<gallery> File:Steel city saw arrival.jpg|The saw when it arrived. Outfeed/fence table not pictured. File:Steel City table rust and pitting.jpg|Close up of rust and pitting on the table of the saw. File:Steel City saw free sawdust.jpg|There was a ridiculous amount of sawdust in the saw. File:Steel City saw trunnions.jpg|Looking down on the huge trunnions. File:Steel City saw gear rust.jpg|Rust on the blade height adjustment gear thing. File:Steel City saw gear cleaning.jpg|User:Ry13 wire brushing rust off of the blade height adjustment gear thing. </galley>