Technology Committee Meeting - July 30th, 2022
|Technology Committee Meetings|
|Previous: April 30th, 2022||Meeting Procedure - Technology Committee||Next: August 27th, 2022|
Saturday, July 30 · 1:30 – 2:30pm
Google Meet Video call link: https://meet.google.com/rps-azwv-pzh
Or dial: (US) +1 484-452-4674 PIN: 407 403 574#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/rps-azwv-pzh?pin=6089367708893
Hive13 Conference Room
Agenda - Previous
- Ghost replacement?
- Database upgraded to support PostGIS (Drew: done!)
- Test installation next steps
Agenda - New
- DNS Servers - replace broken Microtik
- Access Control / MQTT upgrades
- door controllers and Jetson board are sending out MQTT messages to a cloudmqtt.com broker
- need a standard JSON format with timestamps
- maybe set up a local MQTT broker -- HASS.IO on a Pi?
- need a DB for storage - influxdb with HASS maybe?
- need a client / dashboard
- Surge protection & UPSs for racks?
- Anything else?
Attendees: Chris Davis, Dan, Dave Velzy, Drew Kirkman, John Clark, Ryan Anderson
Decisions / Next Steps
- Upgrade Ghost CMS to 5.5.0 as 3.x is end-of-life
- Add UPSs / Battery backups to the two Hive13 racks (MDF and IDF1)
- Install cheap router with OpenWRT to replace damaged Microtik DNS server
- Cameras: Orwell/Zone Minder is out-dated and should be upgraded.
- Look into new software such as Blue Iris (~$100)?
- We need a solution store MQTT messages that are emitted by the door controllers etc. Primary candidate: InfluxDB?
- Possibly use to also record Hive13 ambient temperatures
- Analysis of our yearly infrastructure costs (SendGrid, Azure, personal expenditures going towards IT)
- Continue setting up Tendenci
- Possible feature: Use to store admin notes for membership
- Drew K: Propose a way to record Hive13 Board policy decisions & actions such that the current state of affairs is clear to membership
- Ryan A & Chris D: Upgrade Ghost to 5.5.0
- Chris D: Set a laptop up with InfluxDB for MQTT and possible Blue Iris.
- Ryan A: Gather info on yearly IT costs
- Ryan A: Acquire and install cheap router as DNS server
- Chris D: Locate possible UPS for racks
- Should Infrastructure/Tech have a budget?