Technology Committee Meeting - October 30th, 2021
|Technology Committee Meetings|
|Previous: October 30th, 2021||Meeting Procedure - Technology Committee||Next: December 11th, 2021|
In person & online via Google Meet.
Saturday, October 30 · 1:30 – 2:30pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/rps-azwv-pzh
Or dial: (US) +1 484-452-4674 PIN: 407 403 574#
More phone numbers: https://tel.meet/rps-azwv-pzh?pin=6089367708893
Some points of discussion
Attendance: John C, Dave V, Chris H, Drew K, Ryan A, Chris D, Paul V
- Discourse installation has had existing mailing list threads imported.
- "Staged" users have been created from existing posts.
- Overview of settings.
- Biggest hurdle now is how to efficiently migrate users from Google Groups in a "grandma-friendly" way
- Identify features and capabilities that must be in whatever we move to.
- If it is paid, how much and in what method?
- Where would the data be hosted?
- How easy would an exit strategy be?
- Consider the longevity of the product, both past and future
- How trustworthy is the vendor, if it's not open source
- API (for door controller, etc)
- Import member list
- Payment management
- Member self service
Less important, but good
- Custom attributes
- Single sign on capability
- Fill out functional requirements for member and financial data
- Feature matrix on