Jump to navigation Jump to search
|3D Printing||2D Cutting||Misc|
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Hive13 Asset Tag: None|
|Make/Model: Ultimaker 2+ (Modified) (google)|
|Arrival Date: 11/21/2015|
|Does it work?: Yes|
|Certification Needed?: Yes|
|Contact: Lorin Parker|
Ultimaker 2+ 3D Printer. Purchased with Shroff foundation grant to be joint UC, Community education, Hive13 ownership. Heavily Modified by Lorin Parker.
- Lorin, Ryan, Kevin S, and Mike H are able to instruct on this machine. Probably others. Ask on the list.
- The ultimaker is sort of like the sport-car of 3D printers. Sport cars are awesome and super useful, but require a little more fine tuning to maintain performance. The problems you may encounter with ultimaker are usually not big issues, but smaller things that have come out of alignment. If in doubt, follow the anatomy guide linked below, and check out the maintenance section as well.
- See ultimaker's excellent instructions here:
- "Heater error", clogs, bowden snags, etc can be solved with info in the section on maintenance.
- If filament clogs are an issue: if in doubt, do an atomic pull -- https://ultimaker.com/en/resources/19510-how-to-apply-atomic-method. The "quick change feeder" on ours allows one to do this without removing the bowden tube, simply pull out the tension lever and hand pull from the back!
- The feeder gear box is based upon this design:
- The quick change feeder is based on robert's feeder:
To be added.