Warden Meetings/October 27th, 2021: Difference between revisions

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
(Meeting Notes)
 
(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)
Line 15: Line 15:
=Agenda=
=Agenda=


* Any updates or questions from Wardens
*Any updates or questions from Wardens
* Warden area old To Do’s
*Warden area old To Do’s
** Signage - Now should be up in all areas
**Signage - Now should be up in all areas
** Label tools requiring certification
**Label tools requiring certification
*** Partially done, I will do further work on this
***Partially done, I will do further work on this
** Warden hours, availability, contact info
**Warden hours, availability, contact info
** Classes
**Classes
** Tool repair / replacement
**Tool repair / replacement
** Finding/naming wardens and other help
**Finding/naming wardens and other help
*** Welding warden
***Welding warden
*** Name CNC warden/sub-warden
***Name CNC warden/sub-warden
*Collecting Certification info
*Collecting Certification info
**Post a list of who can certify which tools near the tools
**Post a list of who can certify which tools near the tools
**I have started collecting a list of recently certified members
**I have started collecting a list of recently certified members
***Please post any certifications that you do on Slack
***Please post any certifications that you do on Slack
* Warden committees
*Warden committees
** Alternatives to spread the work and get others involved
**Alternatives to spread the work and get others involved
*** How do we get others involved at the sub-warden level
***How do we get others involved at the sub-warden level
** Concern that the high responsibility is a barrier
**Concern that the high responsibility is a barrier
** Unrecognized multi-area help (McLeod, Velzy, Walsh, Pi, others?)
**Unrecognized multi-area help (McLeod, Velzy, Walsh, Pi, others?)
* Other things
*Other things
** Please add your ideas for the agenda. This is the Wardens' meeting, not the COO meeting.  
**Please add your ideas for the agenda. This is the Wardens' meeting, not the COO meeting.


=Minutes=
=Minutes=
Notes in italics
Present: Ralph, John C, Austin, Phay, Dan Marker, Kevin
# Any updates or questions from Wardens
#* ''No topics brought up''
#Warden area old To Do’s
#*Signage - Now should be up in all area
#** ''No significant changes - let John know if you have any needs for whiteboards/corkboards''
#*Label tools requiring certification
#** ''John is making progress throughout the hive - let him know if you see a tool that should be labeled.''
#*Warden hours, availability, contact info
#**''No changes - discussion on warden requirements for warden hours''
#**''Amphay to consider helping Ryan with welding certifications.''
#**''Discussed bringing this back (regular hours) but acknowledge that not all wardens have availability/necessity. Acknowledged classes count towards hours.''
#**''Would be nice to figure out a means to notifying individuals when someone requests a certification.''
#***Action: Ralph to review on how to setup slack to notify/ping whenever “certify” or “certification” is mentioned in a specific channel.
#*Classes
#**''Discussion on upcoming woodshop basics class – Phay/Austin may be available. Review availability & time slots.''
#*Finding/naming wardens and other help
#**''Welding warden – see above''
#Collecting Certification info
#*''In progress – no significant changes''
#Warden committees
#*''No changes''
#Other things
#* ''Brief discussion on dust collection - need to figure out a long term solution regarding the table saw and maintenance. Plan to document in neat future. Austin plans to help support if no one volunteers''
#* ''Discussion on ceramics and getting support from others''
#* ''For warden hours – try to get your hours on the TV (up front of hive) for those who don’t check slack''
#* ''Discussion on warden reimbursement topics''
#* ''Ask: review tools in your area on the wiki to help motivation. Start with tool list (side column of wiki – [[Tools|link here]]).''
<br />

Latest revision as of 20:58, 27 October 2021

Warden Meetings
Previous Meeting: September 22nd, 2021 Meeting Procedure

Meeting Time: 8:00 PM

Next Meeting: December 1st, 2021

Time and Place

Time: 8:00 PM
Place: Hybrid (Online and in meeting room)

To join the video meeting, click this link: http://meet.google.com/kzm-yysu-oav
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial 415-604-0712 and enter this PIN: 413 896 089#

Agenda

  • Any updates or questions from Wardens
  • Warden area old To Do’s
    • Signage - Now should be up in all areas
    • Label tools requiring certification
      • Partially done, I will do further work on this
    • Warden hours, availability, contact info
    • Classes
    • Tool repair / replacement
    • Finding/naming wardens and other help
      • Welding warden
      • Name CNC warden/sub-warden
  • Collecting Certification info
    • Post a list of who can certify which tools near the tools
    • I have started collecting a list of recently certified members
      • Please post any certifications that you do on Slack
  • Warden committees
    • Alternatives to spread the work and get others involved
      • How do we get others involved at the sub-warden level
    • Concern that the high responsibility is a barrier
    • Unrecognized multi-area help (McLeod, Velzy, Walsh, Pi, others?)
  • Other things
    • Please add your ideas for the agenda. This is the Wardens' meeting, not the COO meeting.

Minutes

Notes in italics

Present: Ralph, John C, Austin, Phay, Dan Marker, Kevin

  1. Any updates or questions from Wardens
    • No topics brought up
  2. Warden area old To Do’s
    • Signage - Now should be up in all area
      • No significant changes - let John know if you have any needs for whiteboards/corkboards
    • Label tools requiring certification
      • John is making progress throughout the hive - let him know if you see a tool that should be labeled.
    • Warden hours, availability, contact info
      • No changes - discussion on warden requirements for warden hours
      • Amphay to consider helping Ryan with welding certifications.
      • Discussed bringing this back (regular hours) but acknowledge that not all wardens have availability/necessity. Acknowledged classes count towards hours.
      • Would be nice to figure out a means to notifying individuals when someone requests a certification.
        • Action: Ralph to review on how to setup slack to notify/ping whenever “certify” or “certification” is mentioned in a specific channel.
    • Classes
      • Discussion on upcoming woodshop basics class – Phay/Austin may be available. Review availability & time slots.
    • Finding/naming wardens and other help
      • Welding warden – see above
  3. Collecting Certification info
    • In progress – no significant changes
  4. Warden committees
    • No changes
  5. Other things
    • Brief discussion on dust collection - need to figure out a long term solution regarding the table saw and maintenance. Plan to document in neat future. Austin plans to help support if no one volunteers
    • Discussion on ceramics and getting support from others
    • For warden hours – try to get your hours on the TV (up front of hive) for those who don’t check slack
    • Discussion on warden reimbursement topics
    • Ask: review tools in your area on the wiki to help motivation. Start with tool list (side column of wiki – link here).