Difference between revisions of "Wishlist"
m (→Metal Working)
m (→Fab Lab)
|Line 80:||Line 80:|
= Fab Lab =
= Fab Lab =
= Other Work Areas =
= Other Work Areas =
Revision as of 00:10, 11 March 2015
|This page contains something to do. You can help us out by doing it and then editing this page to let us know it's been done.|
|Other places you can look for things to do include:|
This is stuff we would like to have in our space. If you want to donate a tool see Donations. Monetary contributions however big or small are also very welcome! If you want to donate towards a tool/want to start a fundraiser for one please contact our COO. Note that un-reimbursed expenses spent on behalf of Hive13 and its non-profit mission should be tax-deductible. If you spend more than $250 on an item you may need a letter from the Hive (details needed)
- Nice way to store components.
- What should we keep on hand? The red vending machine needs to be stocked soon!
- Assorted electronic components (Pots, diodes, you name it)
- Crimp on wire connectors
- Capacitor kit
- SMD component book
- 22 Gauge wire
- Radioshack has 100' spools for $8.50
- Bench meters with 4 wire sensing would be nice
- Bench power supplies
- We have a pretty nice one on loan from Tye. Dual output 30V, not sure how much current.
- Maybe get some of the E36XX series supplies. Really robust, can be had pretty cheap (I got a 20V, 3A, single supply one for $60 shipped), and fairly low profile.
- Signal generator (again, digital would be awesome)
- Dave B has an older wavetek sig gen on loan to us. Not super accurate, but it works!
- Laser Thermometer
- Scroll saw
- Nicer Miter saw
- Powermatic planer
- Model no 1791213
- Circular saw
- F clamps
- Jorgensen 37xx series
- Parallel clamps
- jorgensen 80xx series
- Pipe clamps
- Wood lathe
- Saw horses. Preferably fold-able.
- Coping saw blades
- Air cleaners to catch all of the small dust from sanding, bandsaw, etc that goes in the air.
If you have done metal working please suggest items we may need!
- Bridgeport mill
- Vertical cnc mill
- larger Metal lathe
- Surface grinder
- Knowledge on how to do metalworking
- Various materials
- tap and die set
- Metal furnace or forge setup
- Greensand casting bins
- Loctite (both blue 242 and red 271)
- Pipe Bender
- Metal Brake
- Pneumatic tools
- We have a cut off wheel and a cheap die grinder, plus some random attachments like a tire stem adapter and some random nozzles
- Transfer punch set
- Pressure washer
- Hot-wire cutter
- End mills
- R8 collet tools
- Hold down clamps (what type? Strap, etc)
- V blocks
- Parallels set
- Offset boring head & boring bars
- Better ventilation for welding
- Resin 3d printer
- Powder 3d printer
- Larger laser cutter
Other Work Areas
- We have very little art stuff! Anything accepted!
- Vacuum forming table
- 4-color Screen-printing rig
- fume hood
- large digital scale (200lbs+, maybe .1lbs resolution?)
- temperature controlled hot plate (digital or analog fine)
- sla or dlp 3d printer
- We are always looking to upgrade our computers! Specs we are looking for:
- Core 2 duo or nicer
- 2 GB+ of DDR2 800 or nicer
- Hard drives larger than 500 GB
- Some server hardware, stop by a meeting or talk to us on IRC to see if we need what you have.
- We will however take old computers and dispose of them for you. (No ancient laptops, no CRTs. Towers and servers only)
- Several tool chests!! We are drastically in need of storage for our tools as we have outgrown our pegboards.
- Nicer couches for the lounge
- Decent Media PC
- Full HD Projector
General Space Wants and Needs
- Games (board or digital)
- Plants would be nice to keep the air a bit cleaner and liven up the space a bit