|Old Air Compressor|
|Start Date: 2/1/2012|
|No Longer Hive13 Equipment|
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Make/Model: Craftsman 919177541 (google)|
|Arrival Date: 01/2012|
|Does it work?: No|
|Certification Needed?: no|
As of 1/24/2014 the air tank has a hole rusted through it. Paul has a spare tank, however the tank is ~1.5 hours away from Cincinnati. Heckle him if you want it replaced.
We should also REALLY look into an automatic &| easy way to drain the tank of moisture.
We have an air compressor in the dirty room (3D) and it is hooked up to a 50' retractable air hose reel. We also have a 50' extension hose so you can reach any location in the hackerspace.
The air compressor is a Craftsman 919177541 with a 4 HP motor and a 20 gallon tank.
- Add yourself here
What needs to be done
This is an overview list of high level steps that need to be done in order to complete this project.
- Air tank has a hole rusted in it. Needs replacement.
- We want to run an air drop to the Fab Lab.
- Air regulator & moisture trap required.
- Need moisture traps @ the air compressor.
- Some sort of hose system for draining the air compressor in a more controlled manner. I have always just turned off the compressor then opened the drain valve. This gets water everywhere.
What has been done
- Run 220 to 3D
- Mounted 50' retractable air reel
- Purchased 50' hose extension
- Two leaks were discovered and fixed:
- Leak #1 was in the air pressure off switch, and required an $84 replacement part, Ed & Paul covered the cost.
- Leak #2 was in the emergency air release valve, Paul purchased the replacement part off Amazon.
- As of this moment, it is air tight and can be left on without slowly leaking.