April 19, 2016
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: April 12, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: April 26, 2016|
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waiver legibility.
- Talk to the wardens.
- Have you checked the wishlist?
- Lathe purchase
- Tool is backordered. We're in queue.
- CNC Update
- Crunched a thread. Coy ordered a tool to fix the problem.
- Library Events
- Lorin needs more helpers for this.
- The Clermont County library is doing a maker faire on 7/25 and we should go! Dave B's wife is helping set it up.
- Consumatools Vote (absentee yes votes from Jon N, Elly H, Brad W, John S, Dave B)
- Tap and die set (metric and standard), Harbor freight cobalt drill set, 26 piece screwdriver set, Plier set, Transfer punch set, Ratcheting bit driver, Cold chisel set, Feeler gauge set
- DNS comedy?
- Portal site?
- Spool Gun
- Sheet Metal tools.
- Lathe is backordered. We should see it in a month or two.
- spindle thread lightly damaged. Coy has ordered the necessary tool to effect a repair.
- Discussion of potential floorplan and Hive's desire to maintain loaner tools.
- PTDR - Underway. Track to be tested this weekend.
- Tool Vote - Brad proposes spending up to $500 on replacing damaged tools. (screwdrivers, drill bits, taps)
- Absentee yes votes from Brad W, John S, Dave B
- 13 voting members present
- 0 Abstain
- 0 nay votes
- 13 local yes votes, 3 absentee yes votes.
- Vote passes.
- Spool Gun
- Decent spool gun is around $350, and is probably useless for fine work. We should just get a TIG.
- Ryan is interested in purchasing a basic set of sheet metal tools. Discussion to continue on mailing list.
- We are looking for a small fire cabinet.
- Ryan - Just finished the OnCall week from hell. Heading home for a 16 hour nap after this meeting.
- Coy - bought ryobi 40v chainsaw. done with gas.
- Kerensa - looking for help with cnc router and laser cutting.
- Ian - Working on home server. Fixing broken hive servers.
- Andrew - Recovering from hive related accident.
- Steve Jones - New visitor. System administrator for local attornety office. Interested in all the things.
- Nancy G - The kitchen warden says "do the dishes".
- Bill S - Toured a 3d printed pharmaceutical faciluty.
- Jon F - Got his lawnmower working.
- Cory - new visitor. Doing a news video package for Xavier.
- Franklin - recycled 110 pounds of lead acid batteries.
- Jim - working on an arduino project and doing yardwork
- Kevin - Car repairs. Hive sink repairs.
- John - Refurbished a chair. Did LED lighting system for back porch.
- Alex - Packing up to move house.
- Jon N - Traveling and working on $dayjerb
- Elly - Wasting her anniversary at the hive.
- Greg - Discovered destroyed clutch on motorcycle.
- Ken - Ken is fine and or good.