August 13, 2013
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: August 6, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 20, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Many people learned to weld--Thanks Ryan!
- Red dot laser on laser cutter dead? (Reported by Marcus on the mailing list)
- Please take care of the hive
- RFID access for tools
- Improving electrical wiring in Hive
- Ian "el Presidente"--RFID software
- Mike Horwath--Learned to weld, Ultrabot
- Tiffany Bell-Horwath--Brewing stand, Ultrabot
- Ryan 1.0--Been moving, took welding class, setting up LED system
- Ryan 2.0--12th week as a member, taught 16 people how to weld this weekend.
- This will be last meeting with us-done with cinci co-op
- Got wrist band project to stable test bed stage
- Shaddox AKA Brandon--50% done with code academy's python tutorial. Will be reverse engineering HP printers.
- Dave B--Devoured by moving and surprise plumbing adventures
- John--can't really remember the last week
- Marvin--making a lot of progress on arduino-powered multi-relay controller, would like help with shift register.
- Bryan--happy to be here
- Jim--started batch of pear cider, and learned to weld
- Fraklin--get his filasturder kit, and has "color corrector" color^3 board to play with.
- Jim--New full member, will be using laser cutter today
- Dave Lear--Learned to weld
- Jim Dallam--learned to weld. Met about Maker faires, working with Cindy Lou
- Emily--Busy gardening, has fire-place log-sized zuccinis, and 5gal of peaches.
- Finished crocheted socks, working on "knit in the round" socks.
- Nancy--learned how to weld
- Learned to make pizza in a gas grill at a campout
- Tye Scott--working on awesome audio streaming (Mopidy), latency issues currently
- Dave and John brought up Hive responsibility
- Drill has taken a lot of wear in one month at the Hive.
- Please be mindful of tools, take care of them, clean up after yourself!
- If you don't know how to use something, ask first
- If you break something, take responsibility to fix it or replace it
- Clean up your work area, clean up your pop cans
- This weekend is 3rd Saturday--cleanup Day! from about 10AM to 2. All help appreciated.
- Laser cutter
- Laser is likely out of alignment
- Bill is the expert who has realigned laser in the past
- Shaddox volunteering to take a look at manual and try realigning
- Jim D will also take a look and help.
- Welding class wrap-up
- Welder power is locked up--if you have been trained, get the code from Ian
- Tiffany recorded the welding class, it's on the Hive computer
- Ian--in the future, there will be a requirement to demo your proficiency in the welder if you want access without taking a class
- Shaddox suggested using IRC for controlling access to the welder
- Ian--RFID is the planned solution for access
- Discussion shifted to general tool access system--For Laser Cutter, 3D printer, etc
- RFID access to use different tools is the goal
- Talk to Ian if you want to learn some Ruby on Rails and help with this project
- 51% of members are using RFID currently--good adoption
- Mike--paper list of names associated with each tool could be a temporary solution
- Marvin--would rather we go straight for a permanent system
- Ian--Concern over electrical wiring in dirty room (AKA wet room)
- Ian and John are interested in taking initiative to look for electrician
- We need to be crystal clear where we want the power drops--last time there were issues.
- The 240V power line going to the welder is way too thin
- John--we also want a new power drop in the main room for large power tools.
- Ian--Also need to spend some time following power wires and labeling the breaker box
- Discussion continued by interested members after the meeting