August 2, 2016
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: July 26, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 9, 2016|
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waiver legibility.
- Swear at the wardens.
- Have you checked the wishlist?
- Shutdown Procedure - Go win the door prize.
- People have waaayyy too much stuff at the space. We are going to remedy this at the Saturday cleanup.
- Pallet racks - Tiffany didn't manage to win any. Where should we look next?
- Books by the banks - Oct 15th from 10am to 4pm. Did anyone accept this?
- PTDR - Detroit recap
- Tuesday talk next week, Tuesday, August 9th is by Brad. The hole truth about drilling.
- Scroll saw - need to start a vote on this to reimburse Kevin. It was $70.
- Housekeeping - same old same old.
- Thank you a ton Dustin and Ryan! PTDR was everywhere, and now it is not.
- Personal storage down here
- We have a lot of members. If everyone brought down all of their stuff we would have zero room.
- We are doing a saturday cleanup this coming saturday that is a little more chill. The following saturday is going to be a purge, so take your stuff home! Noon to four both times.
- Pallet racks
- Elly wants to have us buy pallet racks within the next two months
- Books by the banks
- October 15th
- Can we try to get them to agree to soldering?
- Jon and Elly are willing to staff it
- PTDR recap
- Went very well. Less busy than last year (possibly because it rained heavily a third of the time?)
- Got interviewed by make magazine on their twitch channel
- Got interviewed by Wall Street Journal and a local fox channel
- A guy hand cranked a turbine to power a racer down the track
- Next Tuesday Brad is doing a talk on more advanced knowledge of drilling
- Scroll saw vote going up to day. $70 to reimburse Kevin/Ryan and $20 to buy a lot of blades for it.
- Elly: Email from the white house, Senior Advisor for Making
- Asked for some info about our space (how many members, how large of a space, etc)
- Elly: Board meeting coming up on August 8th @ 7:30pm
- Jon: Open finances
- This has been brought up before, but some people had concerns about people seeing that and trying to come in and spend it
- We will likely need to provide finances at some point due to our non profit status
- No one besides Jim knows how much money we have which leads to people saying "we are spending too much and won't have any money in the bank"
- Guy from another space has seen an issue with that when people noticed a particular area getting more funding than other areas
- Brad: Brad's son wants to do a talk on Blender soon
- Coy: Spindle/disc sander
- Coy wants to know if the hive wants to purchase it for $350
- Elly wants to get rid of some of the other sanders if we purchase this one
- Nancy brought up that swapping one of the sanders from wood to metal working
- Elly - First meeting as president! Continuing to move in to the new apartment so has some woodworking projects for that. Lots of hive stuff.
- Ryan - PTDR, first meeting as secretary, wants everyone to know that he will be missing at least one meeting every month.
- Greg - New COO! We have some open warden positions. Speak to Greg in person if you are interested.
- Kyle - Helped with PTDR, loved it!
- Dustin - Fab lab warden, recovering from PTDR
- Dave L - Has been out of town a lot working on cars and many other projects
- Coy - Hasnt' done much this week
- Hodapp - Final exams
- Parker - No final exams or anything for that matter.
- Nancy - Went to mid ohio for indy cars, thinks the people who went to PTDR had more fun, working on house
- Steve - Went to his first indy race, had a lot of fun
- Gabe - Replaced the battery in his laptop and tried to roast coffee beans at home
- Chris - Has been around before with Nancy
- Will - Not yet a member, working on aquarium projects, got his kegerator up and running. Fun fact: the egg carrying part of a fridge is structural.
- John - Was in Pittsburgh racing solar cars
- Brad - PTDR, had a lot of fun, got to drive the truck up there and back. Wants to actually making something on the mill and lathe.
- Alex - PTDR, put drawers in his kitchen cabinet.
- Jon - Moved more stuff around at the apartment, cleaned one of the ACs down here, turned the dirt room vent fan in to a Snuffleupagus.