August 27, 2019
|Previous Meeting: August 20, 2019||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: September 3, 2019|
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
- Shelf X is up for grabs. New stuff goes on Shelf X.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- Broken things at the Hive? Missing consumables? E-mail email@example.com to report them.
- Keep the worktables clear (24 hours is ok, more is not cool, others need the work space)
- Looking for people to host classes and workshops of any kind. Contact Will B for help organizing.
- Looking for decorations in the lounge. If you have an art project idea bring it up on slack / mailing list / contact Will B
- Any Updates on Ongoing Projects?
- metal shop improvements
- retractable air and power
- worktables and welding tables
Anyone willing to lead a new outreach project? several ideas have been floated
- Cupcake cars
- Giant Tetris
- Giant Gameboy
We are looking for a new CTO. Drew Kirkman has volunteered to run, would anyone else like to run?
Code of Conduct Review - Currently be good to each other and the organization. If you violate this, we will act as required.
- Cincy Locksport Sept. 7th
- Saturday Cleanup, September 21st
- Made in Camp October 12th - Open house will be that day/evening
- Books by the Banks (large book fair downtown) is happening October 26th 10:00am - 4:00pm. Brad Walsh is leading the event. He's getting details and organizing the group. Learn to Solder booth, could use up to 6 people to rotate throughout the day.
- Big Laser Repair Budget - $2000
- Deepfreeze and Chocolatey for CAD computer and/or other workstations in Hive13
8/27/2019 member's meeting
Gigabaot - parts needed are present, just needs effort. If you need to use it, Ryan can make it work, but not much likelyhood of anyone else doing it unaided Shapeoko - Ralph and Jacob are heros! they have worked on it all day! Metal shop - need someone to do the electrical work, and lathe mover. jim will have mill parts all in soon, woudl like help assembling. (Saturday 14th for metal shop construction day) Air/power - this weekend to get up in ceiling Sitting weld table - need someone to shim the top flat Lasers - Dave needs wiring diagram. Will requested repair quote. Need people to clean parts, any little bit helps.
Small laser - Ralph has made it work with Lightburn and GRBL, new platform is vastly nicer. Wants to try on arduino mega and try ruida controller.
CTO nominations end tomorrow (August 28th, 2019)
Sparks! Moved to 9th Board meeting also on 9th CNC Router class - Sept 28th 3D thrsday - August 29th 7-whenever
Jeff B. talked about deepfreeze and chocolatey
Vote: Big Laser Budget Present: 21 Abstain: 2 Yes: 17 No: 2 Vote Passes