August 30, 2016
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: August 23, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: September 6, 2016|
Time: 7:30 PM
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am until further notice.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- New purgatory procedure.
- Upcoming events:
- Blender training - Saturday, Sept. 17th
- Mike's talk on 3D design for 3d printing - Sept. 12
- Louisville Makerfaire on Sept 10th
- Makerfaire sponsor? - Jim
- Space to be leased next door, tour after the meeting
- Electronics improvement vote: $1,459.32
- New purgatory procedure - If items find their way back in to public hive areas they will be thrown away immediately
- Louisville Makerfaire - Sept 10th
- It's only an hour away and it is pretty fun!
- PTDR will be there
- Mike will be doing a 3d design talk on Sept. 12th
- Brad's son will be doing a class on blender on Sept. 17th
- Makerfaire sponsor
- October 8th and 9th
- At the Hamilton County Fairgrounds since the Museum Center is being renovated
- Funding is a little tighter this year. They are asking us to be a named sponsor in kind (so if we do learn to solder, PTDR, etc we consider that a donation)
- There is a meeting this Thursday if anyone wants to negotiate with the Museum Center.
- PTDR will cost maybe $1000?
- Space next door
- If anyone wants to go see it we have a key tonight
- Lorin says we should think about how we want to expand in the future.
- Brad mostly fixed the cold saw. It still has a slight bend. :( Oh well!
- PTDR setup this Saturday the 3rd.
- Will wants to know if we have an account set up at Tandy for bulk orders.
- We don't, he will set one up!
- We have a slack channel set up now (hive13team.slack.com)
- Will is our new lounge warden!
- Electronics vote for $1,439.32
- 1 abstain, 0 no, 10 yes
- 4 yes votes on the mailing list: tiffany, kevin, Dave B, and Ian B
- Elly - dunno what she did last week, will be using the CNC and laser today though!
- Greg - Got the green light to wire his parents house up with christmas lights, fixed the router.
- Dustin - Busy with school stuff, worked on the kegerator menu
- Kevin - Went down to the outerbanks to work on a family member's house
- Ken - Didn't get to go to the outerbanks
- Jim D - Dealing with receipts!
- Brad - fought with his Mac
- Katie - spent the week in the outerbanks with Kevin, did a few sewing projects
- Franklin - got a friend started with Arduino, BLE
- Ryan - Came down and worked on the clocks
- Lorin - Lots of 3d printing stuff, almost done with the ultimaker
- John - Hasn't done a lot this week
- Dave B - wired up water pumps in his basement from the rain, chasing children
- Chris - did the first prototype of a pan tilt camera
- Kyle - Has been down here helping out with whatever
- Anita - Looking for a local hackerspace, software engineer
- Andrew - looking for wood, found paxton and menards
- Tim - Has made some progress on a home made crossbow
- Will - New lounge warden, has sweat all of his fucks out, played amateur hvac repair man
- Dave L - Has been out of town, currently dealing with the flooding.
- Nathan - shooting and editing video for a commercial he has been making
- Jon - got internet back! Wants to check out the space next door so he can set up an electronics bench down here.