August 4, 2009
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: July 28, 2009||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 11, 2009|
Time: 7:00 PM
- Monthly Finanical Report
- COO Report
- Locks / Access
- Fridges, etc.
- Examine plumbing situation - moddable?
- Windows - openable?
- CIO Report
- Co-lo Box In Place
- Networking Infrastructure Plan Update
- Networking Party - August 8th
- In-Hive Projects
- Aserisk box
- Grand Opening Party
- People giving talks
- Outside people coming to give presentations
- Five Minutes of Fame
- neighbor Rob
- craig: we are doing pretty good
- we can pay our bills - rent, colo, internet, insurance,
- we are going to have to get business class internet, boo
- we make around $300 in profit monthly
- pledgie is an income source too
- we got a discount on the cost of the soundproofing due to doing the lock stuff
- we would like to save up 3x months rent
- we have a loan from jason bailey on the security deposit
- craig: we need to decide some kind of budget process
- "we want to set aside $X for this, $Y for that"
- gotta come up with a process so we all can agree
- we are going to need for the networking run pretty soon
- things to budget: monthly supplies, shelving, makerbot, locked-deposit-box
- foxydot, kris: we found some good shelves for a good price at Sam's
- erik: another expense will be insurance
Rob from next door showed up
- Rob Fronk is our neighbor, he is an artist (painter)
- he made the big robots in the hallway
- he is interested in possibly working in our space
- he is showing us his portfolio...
- he does a lot of big trump l'oeil stuff
- ROBOTS WITH WINGS!!!
- Rob would like to use our walls, we are all definitely cool with it
we are having the monthly budgeting talk
- i will transcribe the whiteboard at the end...
- we have approximately $500 in the bank at the moment
- we are projected to have approximately $300 in "profit" each month going forward
- we are deciding how to allocate the income
- jason does not need to be paid back asap and so for right now, we allocate $0 to paying him back
- we will make a monthly "supplies" allowance of $30 for things like paper towels, soap, etc. (make a wiki page for this)
- we will allocate 33% of our net profit after paying all the other bills to the "savings" bucket to build up to our 3xRent buffer
- we authorize $100 to be set aside for the purpose of buying shelving, but we still want to look for cheap or free options, and may save that $100 for next month
- we authorize vendy to sped as much as $300 if need be on networking suppiles: cable, jacks, etc
- we authorize craig to buy the $30 lock box
- we are still figuring out all the exact numbers for our "bills" but craig factored them in to the rough $300 profit number, so they are set aside for now
- if we choose to spend our hypothetical $4000 buffer on pixie stix, we can get 44.4 14lb. boxes, equalling 621.6 lbs. of Pixie Stix!
- we haz a fridge! win
- we haz keypad locks! win
- keep up the good work vendy, deckmaster, craig
- plumbing: looking for sink still, eye wash station?
- we don't know if our plumbing is hackable
- windows: not super hackable
- fuzz: we are more than welcome to hack at them though sez grant
- kibitz: don't forget about winter! sealant
- kibitz: i have a stove/oven, but it is big
- would need people, hand-truck, truck to get it here
- keep crawling craigslist everyone!
- vendy: networking party this weekend! (noonish)
- friend eric will be in town to help us, he is a networking ninja
- wire the heck out of the bar, the couch area, all around the outside of the "clean room"
- 8 jacks on the workbench pillar, hopefully two in the dirty room
- inside the "clean room" we will do later ourselves as needed
- colo box: it is in place, has ubuntu server
- vendy currently working on the WP install
- craig: we need to make our google apps become a non-profit
- erik and fuzz are talking with a guy from CAI and this guy is pretty awesome
- they will be getting some info back asap, maybe like next couple days
- jim has a name, but hasn't contacted this person yet either
- jason will get the deets and contact this person
- craig: time?
- let's go with 7pm
- fuzz, will the mame cabinet be done, so we can raffle it off?
- craig: yes
- fuzz: silent auction
- we would need items!
- mailing list it
- it would be cool to get businesses to provide items or services (example: comics, games shops, etc)
- larry knows the debco guy and will mention it to him
- dave: activities semi-organized
- foxydot: showcase people's projects
- vendy: invite hive76 to bring a makerbot
- jim: like a science fair / ted talk
- fuzz: the idea is to invite tons of people
- dave: maybe we need some posters designed
- paul: that is finals weeks at UC
- fuzz will be the party czar
- pay starbuck $10 for a shirt
people giving talks
- we need to set up a structure to let people come give presentations to us
- fuzz can kinda be the funnel for intaking people that are interested, he can call people up or email them, etc
- dave will make a page on the wiki for "are you interested in coming to give us a talk?"
- five minutes of fame: regular basis? specially scheduled on other nights?
- fuzz: maybe it supplants a regular weekly meeting one month per week
- dave: it looks like people are more into moving away from the structured five minutes of fame, and more of an informal show-and-tell night
If we have actions, we should probably list the action and who is working on it here, rather than just the actions.
- Yeah that's my bad. I usually try to do that, but let everyone get away too soon last week. DaveMenninger 23:16, 4 August 2009 (UTC)
- fuzz and erik keep looking into insurance at CAI
- party czar = fuzz
- jason will start thread on mailing list about silent acuution
- we have authorized funding for: craig buy the lockbox, vendy $300 for networking, $100 for shelving (set aside)
- dave will transcribe the whiteboard into the wiki
- john and erik will get the stove/oven over here
- vendy coordinate the network party this weekend
- vendy will continue to work on the WP, ask for help on the mailing list
- craig: could use some help with getting the google apps to become a non-profit
- jason will get contact info from jim on that insurance guy and contact him
- craig will get the mame cabinet done in time for the party
- jason is intake person for people interested in coming to give talks
- dave will make a page on the wiki for "are you interested in coming to give us a presentation?"