August 4, 2020
|Previous Meeting: July 28, 2020||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 11, 2020|
Time and Place
Time: 7:30 PM
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/kmo-jxzu-auc
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 513-760-6776 and enter this PIN: 863 676 973#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/kmo-jxzu-auc?hs=5
Weekly Meeting Agenda
- The following items are mandatory for all members, guests and others entering our space:
- Wear a mask at all times in the 2701SG building
- Sign in and Sign out at the front inner entrance
- Maintain social distancing
- Sanitizing is kinda vague right now with all the moving items; but make sure you’re sanitizing surfaces at least, and make sure you’re washing your hands frequently. We have bleach based disinfectant. Use it.
- If you are a member and do not yet have a storage space please request one on intweb or email email@example.com.
- One space per member. Family members are entitled to their own space.
- Cornerstone membership is $100/mo and gives you a 4' x 4' floor area.
Making Hive13 Great Again
- The Moving Hive13 Trello Board has been updated with "To-Do" lists for each space
- Feel free to edit/add items, but keep it to things needed to get us back to 2929 capabilities, or things that have already been vote approved
- Please grab tasks from the board and drive them to completion! everyone can and should help!
- Need to put some emphasis on getting the second bathroom electrical done so the landlord can have the plumber back out
- Starting to work on a budget for items we know we need, but have not yet been voted to fund
- Here is a rough draft
- Most of the numbers are made up, we need people willing to take each item and make a detailed list of material and accurate cost estimate so we can better plan, please volunteer
- all of this is open to discussion, please offer your constructive input
- What creative or maker related things have you worked on recently or want to work on?
- Guests: How did you hear about Hive13? What kind of activities are you interested in?
- Chris Davis, Brian Wingate, John Osterman, Ralph Blumberg, Nancy Graven, Ian Blais, Jeremy Yap, Chris Hodapp, John Clark, Kayla Lukawiecki, Brad Walsh, Dave Schwinn, Lisa Crump, Kevin McLeod, Drew Kirkman.
When working on the space, Please clean up screws that may have fallen on the floor. They're a pain in the ass when you drive over them with wheels, as well as other problems. Be excellent, keep the place clean
- Tasks laid out by area. Difficulty of tasks ranges from menial to large.
- Wardens, Please look at the lists and make sure that there isn't something that you need done that isn't included.
- Need to colour code tasks as some may be more time sensitive.
- Red - Highest priority, include details as to why (ie; plumber coming tomorrow, needs to be done because some other equipment is relying on it, etc)
- Blue - Wishlist projects and/or projects that members want assistance with
- Glitter for Schwinnister
- Kevin has started a rough budget sheet. Again, that is located here
- Would like to be able to account for things (like AC) ahead of time so we have it ready. This should help
- Note that some items are set costs and others are estimates
- Things that should be added
- IT & Network infrastructure
- Access control expenses
- estimated to be about $250
Access Control Deets
- We're so close to having this done!
- Basically all that's left is putting things into mounting boxes (I'm sure there's a better term for this)
- We were able to retrofit a lot of what we already had at the previous building
- Chris & Drew & Hodapp suspect this will be complete by next week.
- Good job guys!
Column Painting Discussion
- Let's get some art up in here!
- Floating the idea of having members paint columns
- Signature column near entrance where all members sign
- Suggestion for columns that are prominent in work areas
- Members submit designs for that area (for example, column first seen in the glass area), warden of that area has first veto on designs and then leave up to a member vote
- Idea is to have something related to area (stained glass painted column for glass area? circuit board themed for electronics? etc)
- Still brainstorming
- There is now a post on the mailing list to discuss this!
- Credentials for Hive13 Youtube have been acquired
- Will Arndt is rocking making videos. Fantastic work
- Check them out on slack channel #videoproject
- Here's a Youtube link!
- So far has sewing machine, serger, bandsaw blade change, solder, desolder, metal lathe, mini mill, oscilloscope
- If you have an idea of a tutorial video you can make, contact Will!