August 6, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: July 30, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: August 13, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Dirty room/welding progress?
- Power tool drag racing update?
- Mike Horwath (m)
- Tiffany Bell-Horwath (m)
- Jim Dallam (m)--Went to Idea foundry in Columbus, learned about power tool drag racing (see minutes)
- Koi--Did some 3d prirting
- Ryan (m)
- John(guest)--SLS machine progress, had example prints
- Andrew--(guest)--Also working on SLS
- Nebby(Cindy)(m)--Setting up for circuit bending workshops
- Ryan(m)--Wrist band project, has mapped the Hive area.
- --Installing Sheet metal in welding room.
- --Setting up welding classes (see minutes)
- Jim (guest)
- Dan (m)
- Brandon AKA Shadoxx (m)--learning python
- Chris Hodapp (m)
- George (m)--Decluttering
- Jason (m)
- Matt Starbuck (m)--has Seed of Life artwork setup in hive, it is behaving unexpectedly.
- Paul (m)
- Dave (m)--working with Smarthings gadgets
- Nancy (m)
- John (COO)
- Ian (Pres.)--doing more RFID code
- Bill Steele
- Junkyard catalyst--demonstration of circuit bending
- Went to Idea Foundry to talk about mini maker faires and power tool drag racing
- 3 upcoming mini maker faires:
- Lousiville, Sept 28
- Columbus, Oct 13
- Cincinnati, Oct 19
- Power tool drag racking:
- Want to have a competition at each maker faire
- Columbus will be releasing rules.
- Track is 2 lanes of OSB plywood--12 inches wide--75 feet long--with start and crash zones.
- We may be transporting the track or building one for each location
- Competition will be a single elimination bracket
- Must be a single hand-held chorded tool.
- Plans discussed for possible central "christmas tree stand" power distribution, flashing lights, cupholders, safety fences,etc
- Stay tuned for more info from Jim
- Ryan 2.0:
- 3 welding classes likely to be held this weekend
- around 6-10 people at each class
- First class 7:30 on Friday
- Class will be advertised on email and hive website
- $15 fee, $5 for members, for purchasing practice scrap (will be finalized)
- Monthly cleanups on 3rd saturday of month (17th this month)
- Starting at 10AM, till around 2PM
- APCUG/Dayton Diode presentation about hackerspaces
- they want to invite the Hive.
- Sunday Sept 15 at 10AM, in Englewood (Airport Holiday Inn)