Board Meeting - April 13, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: March 9, 2015||Meeting Procedure||Next: May 11, 2015|
Hive13 Board Meeting April 13 2015
Monday May 11th 7:30pm at Hive13
- Purgatory first!
- area warden budgeting
- feedback and critique of area wardens
- Power series, Kansas city end of June, Detroit end of July. What level of hive presence at these fairs?
- Moving infrastructure (Ryan)
- laser cutter
- Need people to help procure this.
- Jim D - Any progress on trying to sell the accuris laser cutter?
- Jim S.
- Dave M.
- Dave B.
- Dave L.
- Jon N.
- Jon took a picture of the purgatory to send out to the list.
- Area Warden review discussion
- The good:
- Things done regularly
- Improved Kitchen
- More Mailing List Updates
- Improved space organization
- The bad:
- Need better accountability
- Inconsistent participation (fablab)
- Budget needs better definition
- Better Area Warder training/ensure comprehension
- Need open to public houses?
- Head warden to manage warden/reduce overhead
- More Classes
- Make budget public
- What happens if warden/officer spends something that they shouldn't?
- Membership would have to deal with that via vote.
- System needs to be in place for transitioning area wardens. (Dave B may have been confused about how wardens are chosen. No vote goes on so it isn't a messy change. The head of wardens just picks a new person).
- Need to update membership addendum for new "class" of membership by the area wardens.
- Should the wardens still be under president? Makes a lot more sense for them to be under COO. The COO can also resolve space disputes if they appear while the president can't really.
- The good:
- Power Series:
- KC in June
- We should have some type of "Media" presence for hive13 -- documenting the hive's presence
- How involved big do we want to be? Just get some t-shirts?
- Power tool drag racing
- Does Jim D need any help with this? Electronics replaced, board replaced?
- $28,000 in bank
- Infrastructure stuff:
- Ryan started moving stuff over last weekend
- Progress is moving
- Joeseph is working on a new design (Yay! Bootstrap!)
- Laser Cutter
- We need to sell one of the laser cutters prior to acquiring a new one
- Rabbit laser is willing to either donate a laser or give a percent off depending on which one we would want.
- Fundraising - We originally sold minutes for 25c/min to raise money for the original laser cutter. Let's do this again!
- How do we get people to document more stuff at the hive?
- Quarterly grants like lvl1 does?
- Give people $50 once a year if they do a neat project?
- Elly is going to organize a day once a month to work on the wiki/documenting stuff/blog posts.