Board Meeting - August 27th, 2019
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: August 19th, 2019||Meeting Procedure||Next: September 9th, 2019|
Date, Time, and Place
Date: September 9th, 2019 Time: 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM Location: Hive13
- CTO Nominations
- Drew Kirkman has self-nominated
- Vote Timeline?
- Greg Resigned the August 19th
- Our Bylaws state that after leader resigns, nominations should remain open for one week.
- One week from August 19th would be August 26th (past without any nominees)
- The request for nominations to fill the open CTO position was posted on 8/21/19.
- VOTE: Should we close nominations on 8/28/19 (one week) or immediately?
- If only one nomination the nominee runs unopposed. Per bylaws we are obliged to send out a remote voting poll and reach quorum. Bylaws#Elected Officers
- Proposed vote for termination of the membership of Daniel McNamara
- Proposal was made on August 21st by two separate members
- The reasons for proposed termination are:
- Repeated counts of uncivil behavior towards other members
- Contributing to creating a toxic environment
- Behaving in a manner that is counter to the positive nature Hive13 works to cultivate
- Daniel had been up for termination before the election. We, leadership opted to allow him one more opportunity to be a positive contributor to Hive13. When his latest series of posts digressed into conspiracy theories he exhausted that one last chance.
- Daniel was notified on August 21st of the proposal and reasons and informed that he may have his opportunity to be heard orally at Hive13 on Tuesday, Aug 27 at 7 PM if he so desires
- Daniel has responded in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that he does not intend to attend his hearing at at Hive13 on Tuesday, Aug 27 at 7 PM. He is still welcome to speak at this board meeting if he changes his mind.
- Daniel has exercised his opportunity to be heard in writing via emails to both the leadership mailing list and the Hive13 general mailing list.
- Does any member of leadership have any conflict of interest outside of Hive13 which would prevent them from making a decision on this vote that would be in the best interest of the organization? (record responses in the meeting minutes)
- At this point in the meeting, give Daniel his opportunity to be heard orally if he so desires.
- Conduct the vote on membership termination.
9 attendees, Nancy G., Dave S., Scott H., Dave L., Chris H., Will B., Jim D., Dave V., Kevin M.
- Vote: Close CTO nominations immediately or on Sept. 3rd?
- Third option: close week after announcment (28th)
- Present:9 Abstain:0 Immediately:0 Sept. 3rd:2 August 28th:7
- Result: Close August 28th
Proposal to terminate the membership of Daniel McNamara:
- Does any member of leadership have a conflict of interest related to this vote? (Yes/No)
- Nancy G.: No
- Dave S.: no
- Scott H.: no
- Dave L.:no
- Chris H.: no
- Will B.: no
- Jim D.: no
- Dave V.: No
- Kevin M.: No
- Daniel's Opportunity to be heard:
- Declined to appear, submitted written decline to appear
- Motion to vote on termination effective immediately, all agree
- Vote on proposal to terminate the membership of Daniel McNamara.
- Present:9 Abstain:0 Yes (terminate):9 No (Do not terminate):0
- Result: Motion passed, Membership terminated effective immediately
- Additional vote: Ban from premises with the exception of coordinated allowance to pick up property still in the hive
- Present:5 board members Abstain:0 Yes:5 No:0
- Result: passed, banned from premise
- Additional vote: Ban from mailing list
- Present:9 Abstain:0 Yes:9 No:0
- Result: passed, banned from mailing list