Board Meeting - December 13th, 2021
|Previous: November 8th, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next: January 10th, 2022|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: In Person and Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- November financials are done and posted on the Open Finance site. We are at another new high, 147 members, and all is good.
- As membership has increased during 2021, our "Monthly Net" has increased allowing us to afford the recent member votes.
- If membership levels hold we can anticipate to budget $2k to $2.3k per month ($24k to $27.6k for the year) for "Discretionary Purposes" into next year.
- The Finance Committee and Leadership is encouraged to lead membership to create a "Strategic Plan" for such spending into the coming year.
- A committee is needed
- The annual meeting seems a long way off but we should get this started before too many more months.
Committee Status Updates
- JimD is deep into building the QuickBooksPlusOnline structure to match for the legacy 2020 and 2021 financials. It is a complicated long slog with some progress and setbacks.
- It remains a committed goal (as a mostly solo task so far) that is not (yet) ready to publish.
- Adding membership to Outreach Committee authority
- Dave Velzey can't do it all. (PLEASE stop this "only X person does Y" stuff... it's super demeaning and derogatory to all the people who want and try to help.)
- John Clark has started doing a little of it.
- Met on December 11th (out of cycle due to holidays). Next meeting is back at regularly scheduled date of January 29th.
- Renewed Microsoft donation of Azure credit.
- Will be creating an outreach group on G Suite to handle contact to all members of outreach committee. Pending action at this meeting (see above) and meeting of the outreach committee on 12/15, the firstname.lastname@example.org alias will move to that group.
- Not strictly Operations but paperwork is not getting dealt with.
- Traditionally whose responsibility is it?
- And who can actually do it?
- MRO budget will need to be renewed in January
- Henceforth Itty Bitty Kitchen Committee or IBKC.
- Will be resuming action in Jan
20212022 because holidays.
- Strategic planning
- Current policy regarding selling assets to leadership members
- What is it?
- Does everyone in leadership understand it?
- Does it make sense?
start time: 7:30pm
Attendees: Kayla L, Heath B, John C, Chris D, Kostas P, Dax, Dave V, Dave S, Kate C
- we now have 147 members
- we think it's a good idea to come up with a plan on how to spend this discretionary money
- priority plan on what we want to spend and where
- would be nice if member votes fit in some sort of plan
- $XYZ dollars can be spent on member votes in a month
- Need to consider _all the elements_ for this, i.e. *all* the places we want to spend money
- Do we want to create an endowment?
- look for a message in slack or on the mailing list for a written out thought on this
- Chris D & Dave S will discuss the creation of a potential committee post meeting
- Chris D to talk to Valerie (sp?) to discuss forming strategic plans for community development and what are the next steps.
- we should be figuring out how to reach out to people who aren't members and figure out what they'd want in a maker space
- discussing the sliding scale membership
- should we make a "focus group" or small team with people in finance/outreach to do this?
- should we rather just create an accessibility group?
Discussing a yearly meeting to discuss the future of the Hive
- plan for the future
- as much about spending money and building out the rest of the space as it is about what we are doing **in that space**
- basically a Hive13 town hall
- who should be able to sign up new members
- Kostas should be the first person we (the board) should allow that
- Kostas has now been authorized to sign up new members
- membership pipeline --> getting new people who are interested in Hive13
- making sure that once someone shows interest to walk them through it
- do we want to redirect the membership email address to go to the outreach group?
- we need a "membership pipeline workflow"
- calendar for outreach committee
- Next meeting we're going to start looking at and discussing options available to us for replacements for Intweb
- Paperwork should be a consideration for intweb replacement.
- document management
- booting this to the next technology meeting
- Next meeting on Jan. 22 @ 1:30pm
- Couple areas becoming full blown wardens
- Ham Radio
- MRO budget will need to be renewed -- John to follow up with Jim
- Kostas added to leadership group
- and slack leadership group
- membership pipeline stuff will be discussed
- Chris D to talk with Valerie about Strategic Planning
- should consider a small team to strategize strategic planning
- Begin Intweb replacement discussion and research