Board Meeting - January 12, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: December 8, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next: February 9, 2015|
Hive13 Board Meeting January 2015
Next Meeting Monday Feb 9th 7:30pm at Hive13
- Jim has stuff on drop box. Did it get moved to hive's google drive yet?
- Cancel our TW internet so we can have more income
- RFID deadlines (done!)
- Dave B getting liz's stuff moved out of the space
- wiki and member onboarding
- Moving infrastructure
- Grants (& Pop-up Cincy relationship)
- University of Cincinnati CCM Media Art Class (5-6 students, Prof. Lorin Parker)
- Member Storage
- Area Wardens - budget at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-EY8L19SRX9fdibPvJfx3HlHEjDH2-XgeE2fiwyq1WQ/edit#gid=0
- Jim S - Space Organization https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1KDsxr9UExFh-mEH6G_4y8sdf6TDDYK800O7HzfsJtlA/edit#slide=id.p
- Description of Hivemind: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13NnVe2c3BSXtHATwbrjiwGcAAo9Q6RhBbL24mCR6p4o/edit?usp=sharing
- Bylaws are still screwed up on github (we should probably put the correct document on the wiki...)
- Space next door?
- Building maintenance
- Dustin has some stuff from the internet
- Tool borrowing
- Jim S
- Dave L
- Ian B
- Dave B
- Ian W (teleconference)
- Jon has talked to Jim D about getting more information into Dropbox. Jim D has emailed a chart to Leadership.
- Dan and Ryan would like an itemized report of all of our outgoing expenses.
- Roughly about $2000-$2100/mo before Hive expenses available. ~$29K in the bank right now.
- Ask Jim for a line item export from the bank
- RFID Deadelin
- Jon has cleaned up access list. No one has complained!
- Liz's Stuff
- Being taken care of by Dave B.
- Wiki and Member Onboarding
- Jon is updating the tool list and updating pages as they come to him
- We should do a monthly/whatever demo of how to do things like edit wiki.
- Possibly adding a WYSIWYG editor after we complete a server migration
- Web infrastructure movement
- Someone needs to just start this.
- Ian W has resources available to spin up instances in a Chicago datacenter that is paid for by John Deere.
- Possibly getting a Digital Ocean instance spun up, would need to vote for funding. Possibly up to $20/month. Corporate account for the Hive @ DigitalOcean?
- Shadoxx and Ian B will start migration this weekend of the database and web applications.
- Looking into the possbility in the future. Not viable solution at this time.
- Grants & Popup Cincy Relationship
- Katie is getting money for a few UC Architect students to cover membership for a whole semester
- CCM Media Art Class
- Professor for CCM came to last meeting. Wants to provide membership to the Hive for his class of 5-6 students
- Member Storage
- No updates.
- Area Wardens
- Jim S will be talking about progress at tomorrow's meeting.
- ~$40 budget per warden each month.
- Jim S has a purchase spreadsheet that's on Google Docs <insert link here>
- Space Organization - Presentation Available on Google Docs <insert link here>
- "HiveMind" Interface - AI For the space
- Works off the RFID system
- Profile pages for each member, project tracking, machine logins, everything to do with how members interact with the space
- Turns on and off outlets to different machines via tablet interface
- Allows for greater access control and tracking of space resources
- Jim S will be giving us updates at the next board meeting
- They're messed up. Need fixed
- Space Next Door
- $350/mo to rent out, not sure if utilities are included. Ties into finances and getting an itemized list of outgoing expenses to give us a better idea of how much wiggle room we have in our budget.
- Could use for storage. Rentable artist/project space? Needs to be brought up at next meeting.
- Brainstorming different ideas.
- Building Maintenance
- We should probably take the responsibility of fixing issues around the space upon ourselves
- Dustin's "Things From The Inter(...net...net...net)"
- UC's public auctions, need to put on the Hive Calender. We can submit our non-profit status to get access to items before the general public.
- Tool Borrowing Policy
- Need to put down a borrowing policy in text so there is consistency.
- Possibly have the Wardens oversee this as one of their responsibilities
- Dave B has volunteered to flesh out a rough draft of this policy to be voted upon by the membership
- There is a continuing discussion on the mailing list: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cincihackerspace/FfkOFIkh7ag
- Needs better organization.
- Shelf gets cleared off every month at the time of the board meeting.
- Leadership is taking this responsibility upon themselves.
- Post-It notes on items that will be claimed. Needs to say "Dibs" with your name or it's not official.
- Shadoxx loves all of you
- Brad has called "Dibs" on shadoxx
Have another meeting on Feb 9th.