Board Meeting - July 13th, 2020
|Previous: June 8th, 2020||Meeting Procedure||Next: July 27th, 2020|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Minutes
- Is the sign-in thing working out?
Emails and other Admin
- Please help load share, check emails at least every other day and help make timely responses
- CC each other on message responses
- Encourage Incoming leadership to do the same
- Pay August rent to 2701sg not to Garden street
- Cancel Spectrum and shift insurance to cover only 2701.
- Sooner board meeting for new leader intro?
- Quorum has been met. Voting closes at 7:25 PM Tuesday. Final reminder going out tomorrow.
- Results will be announced at the conclusion of tomorrow's weekly meeting.
- Set timeline for education of new leaders and transition of responsibility, get former leaders out of groups after some time?
Member Status Reports
- we have been forgetting to check in on this stuff...
- Renewal reminder to non-regular payment members.
- Paul Marsh (Laser Fire) payments lapsed, what to do?
Will Ardndt's Offer
- Instructional Videos
- how can we get him going?
Amazon Business account
- allows tax exempt purchasing
- set one up to use for warden and vote purchases through amazon?
- What's leadership need to coordinate and communicate to members?
- Security and Shutdown procedures update for 3rd floor.
- Alarm code reminders about hours at exit doors.
- ID Checks to get door access once access control is in place.
- Have people sign new/updated waivers.
- Vertical Storage - we need to get it set up and figure out how to implement fee
- Propose Vote for more move expenses
- Known additional expenses:
- Duct Work - $5500 or less
- Panels W&Z - $4256
- Doors - $5500
- Air Con - $5000/unit
- Kitchen - $???
- Voted $15,000 in first vote
- $3,338.89 less a bit remains
- At 11.5k expansion vote we evaluated and were comfortable spending up to $25,000
- Should we put up the vote for that $10k now? How should it be used?
- Known additional expenses:
- Sign in sheet at 2701 - relocated? Need to clarify that whole thing
- Drop sign out, put sign-in at each entrance
- Bright color
- Dave S. to take action
- otherwise people seem to be being very responsible
- maybe get more wipes? Dave S to handle this too
- we need a member and guest sign in kiosk at some point, but not enough bandwidth now
Emails and Admin
- Please don’t let emails go more than 24/48 hours without response
- CC leadership, embarrassing to have multiple replies
- Cancel Spectrum for August
- Where is our phone number still showing up??? We need to close it out. It’s Yelp. and facebook, Dave S. will take lead. facebook fixed.
- We need our Google Business Account Back, Dave S. taking lead to get it back
- Orientation meeting the 27th for intweb and other admin tools
- Punt discussion of transition limit for new board to discuss
- Need to reach out to people who’s memberships lapse. We may not need to loose them.
- paul marsh - had been paying off laser, payments failed, have not heard from him. Will B to reach out. Dave V. to get status from Jim on payments
Video Tutorials Projects
- We will let him lead and remind us, but we definitely should support
- Let’s ask him to be involved in the CNC and Laser re-build to document that
- Sewing and Serger are easy to do now, great place to start, Lisa to join convo in #marketing
Amazon Business Account
- Yes, let’s do it, but need to verify limited authorized users
- up for June, looks good
- Let’s Pay 2701 rent for August to show good faith and establish Cash Flow. Jim and Dave V. action
- Cameras, let’s get orwell moved to get camera coverage at 2701
- Dave V. is getting locks all in place. Dave V. will write and publish procedures for access and shutdown.
- RFID for door control is weeks away
- Next weekend, selling off rest of racks in building. Want to be able to shut doors by then
- ID checks and New Waivers - how to implement with recent changes in access control plan? Punt till stable.
- Vertical Storage - can we get someone to volunteer to make a vertical storage management box for people to scan their badge to use soda credits to pay for member storage?
- Let's ask wesselman if we can use the west end as temporary vertical storage. Dave V says it’s a go
vote for extended budget
- Dave V. to put up a vote for additional $10k for high priority move items.
- High Priority (must happen now):
- W and Z panels are essential
- Duct bill will have to be payed
- dust collection fume extraction
- sinks (kitchen and wash sinks)
- Lower Priority (next year):
- Air conditioning
Possible industrial wood shop equipment donation
- 480v 16” jointer, 24” planer, 36” bandsaw, and other industrial woodshop tools
- 1920 vintage
- wonderful equipment, but needs maintenance and wiring
- Would like pre-approval for possible donation, but might be a good idea to get electrician quote for wiring cost first
Task list for the week:
- clear area in back for temp vertical storage (Brian Wingate Lead)