Board Meeting - July 27th, 2020
|Previous: July 13th, 2020||Meeting Procedure||Next: August 10th, 2020|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
New Board Orientation
Intweb and new member signup/orientation
- member list
- storage system
- Camera system
- Prospective member tours
- items to always cover
- newly signed up member tours
- items to always cover
What follows is likely an unorganized list of bullet points to be ordered up by relevance later.
- Who on leadership would like to be responsible for managing requests to join the Hive13 mailing list?
- Messages on the Hive13 mailing list are public just like the wiki. If you wouldn't put it on the wiki, likewise don't put it on the mailing list. (examples: door codes and wifi passwords)
- Leadership mailing list and SLACK channel are not public. However these and all Hive13 communications are subject to lawful subpoena.
- Regain control of Hive13 Google Business
- I (Dave Schwinn) now have primary ownership of Hive13's Google Business. I have given firstname.lastname@example.org ownership as well.
- See if we can get KOI to remove their 2701 business location
- Hive13 Leadership shared drive in G Suite
- ...all 2020-2021 leadership now has access to this. You must sign in with your Hive G Suite account
- Wiki crash course
- Make sure all leaders have wiki accounts and know their passwords
- Finances and Budget
- New leadership members should familiarize themselves with administrative area of Intweb
Signing Up New Members
- There is a new member orientation page on Wiki
- However, this needs to be updated to represent 2701
- It's hard to standardize what needs to be in the tour while we're setting everything up
- Ask questions as to what potential member is interested in specifically
- Focus on community aspect; see if there's someone that we can get them in touch with regarding their interest
- Something to consider in the future
- Used to have a longer new member sign up vetting period
- May want to be more selective with new space and new capabilities
- Unsure how we would want to implement this; multiple signatures? bring back frisbee round? Will come back to this
- Idea of having a reference sheet
- Grant has considered this with his signage.
- Maybe set up a video tour with Will A? Drone tour?
- Video that Will did with Lisa re: sewing is great, looking forward to having more of these
- Reboot Youtube?
Leadership Admin Transfer
- Kayla, Schwinn and Drew will handle mailing list approval
- Schwinn and Drew will handle Google business delegation
- KOI to remove 2701 business location
- Need to make a point to organize G Suite
- Velzy has added documents for leadership to access\
- Liability waivers have been updated and will need to be re-signed
- Look into if there is a way to have files available to non leadership members (ie; Schwinn brought up having a link of templates of graphics and such to send to Grant for signage)
Other Misc Business
- Idea of moving "last updated" date on Wiki pages to top of page to make old pages more clear
- Things will need to be updated on Wiki to reflect new space
- Idea for votes; Jim saw another Makerspace use separate emails/threads for votes; 1 for discussion and 1 just for votes, so that votes don't get lost in discussion
- Re: reimbursements; Jim is very reasonable, just asks that you email him for reimbursement so that there is documentation.
- Will update wiki with information that is needed for those reimbursements
- Jim & Velzy had been working on a budget projection pre-move/COVID.
- Still something we want to work on
- Lisa has ideas. This is a good team
- Chris Davis has a gov deals tax exempt account that is all set. Is getting 3 basin sink.
- We have moved! Yes there is still a lot of organization and work to be done, but that is a BIG hump that we got over
- Let's get back to making things. The move was hard, and stressful. We need to decompress and remember why we love this place.
- Want to re-emphasize the community that we built
- Send WIP projects or completed projects to Tara Keller for the website.