Board Meeting - June 11th, 2018

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Board Meetings
Previous: May 14th, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next: July 9th, 2018

Agenda

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
    • Greg
      • A/C Upgrades
      • Label Rack D storage spots
      • Review member storage. We now have more requests than we have available space.
      • Not defining the precise positions in the addendum.
      • Amendments: spelling, suspensions
      • Annex door circuit
      • 220V for the laser
    • Ryan
      • Edit the membership application for two leadership approval signatures
      • Minor liability waiver.
      • Vertical Storage
      • Post to the mailing list inviting people to run for positions
      • (w/Ian) personal information amendment
    • Will
      • Announce his leatherworking class via meetup
  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Review Membership Report
    • Report should have been sent to leadership the morning of the meeting.
  • Physical Plant Status
    • Saturday Cleanup
    • Roof Repair status
      • Annex leaks like a sieve where the roof has been replaced
    • Annex
      • Heating still needs work, but that'll likely be punted to October or so.
      • Electrical and Network Wiring
    • Move status
    • Lounge Expansion
  • intweb
    • What can it do to make your job easier?
    • New features
      • Photo rotation
      • Search by phone number
    • Upcoming features
      • Membership applications
        • There's a GitHub project created for it
        • Should we be announcing prospective or approved members during the weekly meeting?
      • Heatmap of Hive activity
        • What should be available as a heatmap?
        • How should it look?
    • In the Future
      • Voting
      • Certifications
      • Tool Reservation
    • Bug or feature request? Put it on GitHub. See Greg or Ian for help with that.
  • Warden positions to fill
    • Wood - Greg to discuss with Mike Nute
    • Metal - Open
  • Elections
    • One month away
    • Anything to get ready for them?
    • Voting method
    • Bylaws
      • Spelling
      • Protection of members' personal information, digital rights, dignity
      • Suspension/Expulsion
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture
    • Need to hold more social events
    • Return of movie night
    • Outreach
    • reddit weekend happenings
    • Summer open house? We haven't had one in a couple years.

Attendees

  • Ryan
  • Dave V.
  • Nancy
  • Will
  • Jim
  • Greg
  • Ian
  • Brad (remote)
  • Lorin (remote)

Minutes

  • Review of action items from last meeting
    • Brad to buy AC from costco
    • Discussion of AC location and wiring to avoid tripping the breaker in the current Fab Lab.
    • Annex Door circuit rev 1.0 is installed
    • 220V is installed for the laser in the annex
    • Ryan's stuff.. 2/3 isn't bad?
      • Post to list
      • Lorin to announce elections
      • Ryan still owes policy updates
  • Open Finance Updates
    • Ian has removed some unnecessary JavaScript, gaining efficiencies.
  • Membership Report
    • Lapsed members to be removed.
    • Ian to send inquiries to more recently lapsed members.
  • Physical Plant Status
    • Skipping Saturday cleanup for June. Will focus on dinner/gaming.
    • Heating to be addressed in October
    • Greg to run a new circuit for the air conditioners, and relocate the pillar power to the interior wall.
    • Lorin to move forward on repairing the big laser.'
    • Greg and Ryan compiled a list of prerequisites for the Fab Lab move.
      • These will be completed before declaring a Saturday for the laser move.
    • Roof Repair Status
      • Greg visited Sarah in person to discuss the door.
      • Sarah had forwarded Ryan's emails to Earl, who is coordinating the roof repairs.
  • Intweb
    • Discussion of New Features
    • Discussion of intweb proposed work-flow for automation of application process.
    • Should we announce pending applications during the meetings?
      • Probably not.
    • Future Features
      • Voting
      • Certifications
      • Tool reservations
  • Warden Positions
    • Greg needs to discuss with Mike
    • Metal is still open
      • Dave V interested in working on the metal area, but he is already CNC warden.
  • Elections
    • Elections one month away
    • There will be one more board meeting before the elections.
    • 5 Tuesdays in July. We are arbitrarily choosing the 24th.
    • Ian to attempt on-line voting again.
    • Discussion of bylaw addenda
      • Greg sent out the first draft of suspension/expulsion policy.
      • Extended discussion of proper majority for this policy.
  • Culture
    • Need to hold more social events.
    • Return of movie night.
    • Outreach.
    • reddit weekend happenings.
    • Summer open house? We haven't had one in a couple years.
    • Made in camp?
    • Classes
      • Greg's Father has some interest in teaching welding classes.
      • Will B. may be interested in co-ordinating class invitations.