Board Meeting - June 8, 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: May 11, 2015||Meeting Procedure||Next: July 13th, 2015|
Hive13 Board Meeting June 08 2015
Monday July 13th 7:30pm at Hive13
- Purgatory first!
- area wardens plan (Jon)
- Finances (Jim D)
- Moving websites (Ryan)
- Storage boxes (Elly)
- Elections are coming in a couple of months
- Planning for the Future
- Membership Levels
- Jim D
- Jon N
- James H
- Area Wardens
- Jon - Hasn't been able to buy anything new yet.
- Woodworking (glue, clamps) ~$45
- CNC endmills, bolts and stuff
- $26,990.80 between Paypal and Bank
- Membership Has Grown From 55 to 67** $2500/mo incoming from membership
- Membership Level Clarification
- Elite membership is becoming more trouble than it is worth. Was originally intended for students and a lot of people have signed up when they are not students.
- Jon has changed the wording on the main Hive13 website so that's it's more clear that it's students only
- Elite members contribute 14% of total revenue, Regular Members contribute around 55% total revenue
- Should we consider changing membership levels based on income?
- Main issue is confusion on what student/elite levels actually are. We need to make clear to every member or potential member what our membership levels/prices are.
- Jon will send out a message to leadership.
- Need to put the feelers out on how people feel about this and write up an addendum to be voted on during the next election cycle (July 21st)
- Website Migration
- No - Ryan
- Storage Boxes
- Had first build night for boxes. Elly has met her deadline!
- A few more store box build nights are planned. You can learn the basics of how to use the CNC (but will not be certified to use it).
- Need to encourage new members to build a box instead of taking storage space over by Fablab
- We'll revisit this after elections, the conversation about what to do with current storage area
- Need to announce elections (July 21st) to membership at large
- Planning For The Future
- Open House
- We should have an open house after elections. We should have at least two Saturday cleanup days preceeding open house.
- This will happen after a new board/officers have been elected, so this is something that they will need to revisit.
- Open House
- Jon will put the accuris laser cutter on craigslist if everyone is OK with that.
- No one has any problems with this