Board Meeting - March 13th, 2017

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Board Meetings
Previous: Board Meeting - February 13th, 2017 Meeting Procedure Next: Board Meeting - April 10th, 2017

Hive13 Board Meeting March 13th, 2017

Agenda

  • The new space access status
  • Physical "desk" space for leadership
  • To-Do Spreadsheet review
    • Burn out
  • Service to the community -- don't forget we have a mission other than drama and tools.
    • Any outreach events anytime soon?
  • Do we need someone else as a backup to the bank accounts?
  • Progress
  • Bylaw additions from way back
    • Code of Conduct, addenda, procedures, or other non-bylaws additions to establish official procedure.
  • Voting system
  • Camera system
  • Reevaluate goals for the remaining term
  • Laser minutes (are they still relevant/necessary)?
  • General state of the Hive physical space (very dirty).
  • Online presence, up to date main page, Eventbrite stuff on our calendar.
  • Budgeting ideas
    • Send email about wishlist and what makes sense for us now

Attendees

  • Elly
  • Dustin
  • Nancy
  • Andrew
  • Tim
  • Ian Wilson
  • Dark Ian
  • Coy
  • Greg
  • Jim
  • Brad - Remote attendance

Minutes

  • The new space access status
    • Functional
    • Let's get a moving party started
    • Fix the leak
      • Let's contact Garden Street
    • Think about the power cable access to the tables strategically for easy rearrangement this time around
  • Physical "desk" space for leadership
    • We do now have a scanner for forms (from Steve)
    • One of the last obstacles is to get an actual physical desk
    • Maybe use the warden budget for office supplies
    • Where to put the desk?
  • To-Do Spreadsheet review
    • Hasn't been used too much
    • Burn out
      • Dark Ian - mostly job related (was on days)
  • Service to the community -- don't forget we have a mission other than drama and tools
    • Any outreach events anytime soon?
    • Makerfair
      • Cincinnati Planning committee meeting Thursday 16th, others should go
      • Try to find a sponsor
        • Have a set plan
      • DC for the first time? (Maybe in June?)
    • Meeting about PTDR, to fix things before the season actually starts for a change
  • Do we need someone else as a backup to the bank accounts?
    • Dark Ian and Ryan (As admins on the "Open Finance Page" would be candidates right now)
    • Business continuity plan, in case something (forbid) happens to current treasurer, there is not an easy fallback for access
  • Voting system
    • Progress
    • What records does the Hive keep for members?
      • Ohio law
      • Current bylaws
      • Need help, see later in minutes
  • Camera system
    • At full capacity right now
    • Would need to get a new system, Steve may have some leads
    • What about outside cameras, need higher res
  • Reevaluate goals for the remaining term
    • Ian is working on his goal of the voting system
    • Dustin - meatspacers again
    • Elly - wants to be able to actually do presidential duties of outreach
  • Laser minutes (are they still relevant/necessary)?
    • Might be antiquated, need to discuss with people
  • General state of the Hive physical space (very dirty).
    • Second Saturday Cleanup in awhile? Nope, so let's have one!!
  • Online presence, up to date main page, Eventbrite stuff on our calendar.
    • Event bright events going automatically on our calendar
      • A better system to connect to google calendar
      • Elly will look for systems to connect better
  • Budgeting ideas
    • Send email about wishlist and what makes sense for us now
    • Jim - have a year worth of reserve (rent, insurance, cable, etc.) of "untouchable money"
  • Bylaw additions from way back
    • Code of Conduct, addenda, procedures, or other non-bylaws additions to establish official procedure
  • Dustin and Elly are going to look at SCORE peeps soon