Board Meeting - May 14th, 2018

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Board Meetings
Previous: April 9th, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next: June 11th, 2018

Agenda

  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Review Membership Report
    • Report should have been sent to leadership the morning of the meeting.
  • New Member sign-up procedures
    • Two officer signatures required - change the form to make clear it's approval of the candidate as a member, not having received the form
  • Physical Plant Status
    • Saturday Cleanup - punt due to roofing? Focus on something else?
    • Roof Repair status
    • Annex
      • Heating still needs work, but that'll likely be punted to October or so.
      • Electrical and Network Wiring - We're ready to run the 240V power?
    • Move status
    • Greg is working hard on getting the door controller onto a circuit board instead of a breadboard.
    • A/C Status
      • Kitchen unit was bad; replaced with spare
      • One of the units in the wood shop is bad
      • We currently have 5½ tons in the main area and a little less than a ton in the annex
      • The annex and the main room both really need another ton.
      • Should put a vote up for two additional units - one with a heat pump for the lounge, then move the current unit to somewhere else
      • We seem to be able to keep the Hive about twelve degrees below ambient.
    • Lounge Expansion
  • Storage
    • Vertical Storage
      • Finish steps
      • Finish slots
      • Number slots and add to intweb
    • Shelf D
      • Needs to be lined and numbered
      • Finish purging the stuff there
  • intweb
    • What can it do to make your job easier?
    • Upcoming features - membership applications, voting, direct link to member profile
    • Bug or feature request? Put it on GitHub. See Greg or Ian for help with that.
    • Consider having Certifications and Tool Reservation on it
  • Warden positions to fill
  • Elections
    • Two months away
    • Anything to get ready for them?
    • Bylaws
      • Probationary membership period
      • Create clear procedures for suspension and/or expulsion. Be fair, but make sure problems can be dealt with.
        • This may eliminate the need for a probationary period.
      • Protection of members' personal information, digital rights, dignity
      • Clean up stupid spelling errors, etc.
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture

Attendees

Minutes

Open Finance Website updates

  • Ian - No updates to the website itself.

Review Membership Report

  • Greg - The membership report did not get sent out.
  • Ian - Dammit.
  • The report arrived towards the end of the meeting. Members with outstanding payments were reviewed, and will be contacted as appropriate.

New Member Signup

  • TODO - Ry owes us a form edit.
    • TODO - Ry will also create a minor liability waiver.

Physical Plant Status

  • Saturday cleanup is canceled for the 26th due to memorial day. It has been replaced with a cookout.
  • The Roof repair has not been started on the kitchen side
  • Greg is pondering how to run the 220v power for the laser
  • Greg is working on fabricobbling a circuit board for the annex door.
  • AC status
    • the kitchen unit went bad, and has been replaced with our existing spare.
    • We have 5 tons in the main area, and a ton in the annex.
  • AC sale at Costco.
  • TODO Greg to investigate prices.
  • TODO Ryan to resume work on the vertical storage after PTDR.
  • TODO Greg to label Rack D storage spots
  • TODO Greg to review member storage. We now have more requests than we have available space.
  • Brad mentions getting a beadblast cabinet?

Intweb

  • Possible next feature - signups and form generation.
  • Possible heatmap of hive activity.
  • Considering tracking tool certifications in intweb.

Warden Positions

  • Wood - Greg to discuss with Mike Nute
  • Fablab - Lorin
  • Metal - Open
  • Dave - Machining
  • Brad - Electronics
  • We could discuss changing the wardens at the annual meeting.
  • TODO Greg to consider not defining the precise positions in the addendum.

Elections

  • Two months away.
    • To prepare - Can we automate the voting?
    • Ian could spin up the same system from last year.
  • TODO Ryan to post to the mailing list inviting people to run for positions
  • Bylaw Changes
    • Probationary membership period?
    • Create clear procedures for suspension and/or expulsion. Be fair, but make sure problems can be dealt with.
      • This may eliminate the need for a probationary period.
    • Protection of members' personal information, digital rights, dignity
  • Clean up spelling errors.
  • Have a draft resolution of the three issues.
  • TODO Greg - spelling, suspensions
  • TODO Ian, Ryan - personal information

Reinvigorating Hive Culture

  • Need to hold more social events
  • return of movie night
  • outreach
  • TODO WillB to announce his leatherworking class via meetup
  • reddit weekend happenings
  • summer open house? we haven't had one in a couple years.