Board Meeting - November 10, 2014
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous: September 8, 2014||Meeting Procedure||Next: December 8, 2014|
Hive13 Board Meeting November 2014 Next Meeting Monday Dec 8 7:30pm at Hive13
- Area Wardens
- RFID access
- wiki and member onboarding
- equipment purchase spreadsheet/budgeting
- Jim S
- Dave B
- Dave M
- "Hive Points", points accumulated for doing things around the space
- points would create an economy, too complex.
- $50/mo may be too much. Maybe the people who would want this wouldn't even be members right now?
- Having really active people helping with an incentive is worth its weight in gold.
- One person in charge of wardens. This would hopefully cut down on drama.
- pumping station one has done this and is succesful. Let's talk to them. Jon and Dave know people there.
- Let's do a three month trial run!
- Jim S will organize a meeting to flesh this out in the next month.
- $25 starting discount
- 3mo trial run
- 1 class a month
- maintain area and take responsibility for repair/heading up buying new things for area (make spreadsheet for requesting things to buy)
- Purchases through Ryan or Jim S?
- RFID Access
- 90 ish people have rfid cards and we only have 55ish members. Huh.
- Tough luck for those people. Let's disable it.
- Updated contact list needed for outside door
- wiki and member onboarding
- Would a tuesday talk on wiki be good? Yes!
- The wiki needs more publicity!
- Let's do a two minute wiki segment at the beginning every meeting would really help with this.
- the server is poop. Needs a fix.
- Dave B wants a new server in the colo.
- Ryan wants a VM. Dave delivers VM. BAM. Team work.
- Elly, Katie, and Jim S are handling this. Katie has a few leads on this already.
- Membership onboarding
- A couple applications didn't make it to leadership. This leaves people in limbo.
- Dave needs to be put on leadership distribution list
- Jim D needs help with the hive finance dropbox.
- Looking toward the future of the space
- possibly consulting about other organizations bigger than us on how they made the switch from small to big
- better organization required
- RFID all machines, label them all with a consistent labeling system
- We need to get a good microphone setup at the space for people who want to attend meetings remotely and it would be cool to record talks.
- Brandon has some ideas, Dave B has an audio engineer friend.
- Do we have/need a motto/slogan/mission statement?
- Jon says fuck no!
- It is in the bylaws under "purpose of the organization"
- Can we have deadlines on monetary purchase?
- 90 days?
- per project deadline?
- Do a motion two meetings from now.
- Let's do a per project deadline. If they run out of time they can ask for an extension.
- Brandon is going to tell the membership. (Deadline Next Meeting)
- money deadlines being implemented - Brandon
- Spreadsheet - Ryan
- RFID deadlines - Jon
- Getting liz's stuff moved out of the space - Dave B
- Area wardens - Jim S