Board Meeting - November 12th, 2018

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Board Meetings
Previous: October 8th, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next: December 10th, 2018

Agenda

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
    • Ryan
      • Send email to pending members encouraging interactions
    • Greg
      • Create newsletter
    • Nancy
      • Send e-mail to non-members using storage slots
    • Dave
      • Put together a Five-Year Plan (but not in a pinko way or anything)
    • General
      • Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member - not done.
  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Membership Status
    • Now a weekly thread for late payments
    • Update membership application policies
      • Did we succeed last month?
  • Warden positions to fill
    • Metal - Open
  • Buzzkill
  • Open House
    • How did it go?
    • What did we learn??
    • Next one - plan sooner.
  • Long Term Planning
    • Membership Plans for the next 2 years
    • Location Plans for the next 2 years
    • Where do we focus growth? Members? Member Engagement? Capability?
  • Newsletter
  • Processes and Procedures
    • What can we improve
    • What is tripping us up?
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture
    • Ordo ex chao
    • Social Events
      • Movie Night
      • Board Game Night
    • Outreach
    • Reddit weekend happenings
    • Classes

Minutes

  • Attendees
    • WillB, GregA, JimD, DaveV, IanB, RyanH
    • Belated Nancy Arrival
  • Review of action items
    • Ry - no.
    • Greg - no.
    • Nancy - Not present.
    • Dave - Has put in some work on his five year plan.
  • Open Finance
    • Jim has updated data. Current as of last day of October.
    • Membership is slightly down, and tool purchase expenditures are trending up.
    • Would starving hacker/volunteer rates be of interest? Will has worked at a space that had a 10/hr a month requirement for such rates. There were a limited number of such slots.
      • How many positions?
      • What would the requirements be?
  • Membership Status
    • Recent outreach and social media does seem to be bringing new members onboard to offset this.
    • Two pending applications, Ry to contact.
    • Might we consider reinstituting the Tuesday talks?
      • JimD will seek a Tuesday guest for
  • Open Warden positions
    • Metal
  • Buzzkill
    • Trouble ticketing system is available. See Greg or Ian for access.
  • Open House
    • Generally went well.
    • We had 34 guests.
    • Let's have another in Spring!
      • Start planning in January.
      • Add thoughts to the open house page on the Wiki.
    • Dave reiterates that we need other group activities again.
      • Ry to keep up with 3D Thursday. Which may not be Thursday.
  • Long Term Planning
    • Are we considering moving?
      • What might we do with more space? Need to compile a list that justifies the move.
      • Are we simply adding space and capabilites? Or opening other lines of business?
      • How many active members can the current space sustain?
        • We've had past nights, not super recently, with 30+ people active in the space. There's still quite a bit of headroom.
        • Scheduling conflicts for machinery would be good to have.
      • Where do we focus growth?
        • Social Media, new member engagement.
  • Newsletter
    • Greg sucks. He will try again in December.
    • Greg needs content.
    • Why is this different than a new blog post? Let's just do that.
  • Process and Procedures
    • Ry needs to follow up with pending memberships
    • We need more formal maintenance procedures.
      • Add inventory checks to the Saturday cleanup.
      • Poll wardens for a checklist.
        • Can we use the warden spreadsheet?
  • Jim mentions he may have a CNC mill to loan to the hive.
  • Consider setting up a sewing station.