Board Meeting - November 8th, 2021
|Previous: October 11th, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next: December 13th, 2021|
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: In Person and Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
- Committee Status Update
- Finance (October numbers and new DRAFT summary presentation)
- First meeting on Saturday 10/30/21
- Next meeting Saturday, December 11 1:30-2:30 PM
- First baby steps in forming
- Meeting facility status
- Meeting room
- Main meeting area facilities
- New wardens and warden area
- Let's start thinking about updating the bylaws
- Clarify warden discount policy
- Remove fixed warden budget and create an good alternative that works for non-warden operational expenses
- Others issues?
- We should take time to do this thoughtfully
- Kayla in baby steps of forming kitchen committee. First meeting maybe 11/20?
- Update on legal advice from Pro Bono Partnership.
- Sawstop Policy
- at least one member has been running the saw in bypass mode out of fear of having to eat the cost of the brake and blade if it accidently trips
- Is this acceptable?
- Would it keep our members safer to have the policy be that Hive13 covers the cost of trips ($90 for brake, $60-$100 for the blade)?
- Painting/Adhesives Ventilation
- Doesn't seem to be a member willing to volunteer to lead, should leadership post a vote and lead/schedule a workday?
- First listen to Dave Velzy's thoughts/plans
Notes from COO, (not official minutes):
Vote to lock up Sawstop keys-failed. COO and woodshop warden will develop an appropriate policy.
At the COO's request, the board voted to prohibit VOC painting at the Hive until there is adequate ventilation. Vote passed, signs were posted and it was announced.
Minutes from Kate:
Committee status update: Outreach: Follow up with Kostas? Energy in terms of scheduling 2nd tuesday speakers Kostas has been in contact with Girls Who Code Sign down on the street level door - should include phone number, needs art Finance: Jim: not a lot of discussion as of yet, as a group. Working on draft summaries (see hotlink in agenda, please provide feedback), “encumbered” and “unencumbered” funds section in lower left of “blue” section; “operation reserve” - a 6 month reserve of “fixed” expenses; goal being a “kitty” of reserves to refer to for votes D.V. & Jim making contact with Heath’s friend for QB assistance; hoping to have a sandbox up and running by the end of the year. Tech: Drew: initial meeting went well, productive Assessing tools for membership communications Updating or replacing Google Groups, migration to discourse Membership management Candidate packages, etc.( please refer to meeting notes) Next meeting 12/11 Operations: J. C. recognises need for committee; initial meeting date TBD Meeting room has working projector and speaker phone, etc Kudos to Vince! Potential vote ;a feedback suppressor system; more work to be done on audio Wardens: New welding warden Vince as Photo warden J.C. needs to propose new wardens to board for vote & update current warden listing; how do we determine what space requires a wardenship? Bylaws: Updates re warden benefits (discounts, etc.) Refining change process Does this warrant a committee? Needs to be a thread in #leadership_discussion Create a non-warden budget? Kayla is in the process of forming a kitchen committee (board needs to propose and vote on this - Proposed by Chris Davis, Tara seconds, passed) Update on Pro-Bono partnership: STILL no concrete definition for “for-profit”, so let’s stay away from it; prototyping is OK; looking for comparable entities, where would we fit into this “ecology” here in Cincy? It is likely that we will have issues with members being unable to use tools because of other member use before we have an issue with the IRS
Saw stop - please use correctly, NOT in Bypass Mode (Paul mentioned that this could be fixed with more education on the tool) Our liability waiver does mention fault with purposefully disabling safety features If cost is the concern with a trip, should we cover that cost? Considering a certification for the saw stop - to be determined by COO and Woodshop Warden?
Paint Booth Ventilation This needs to happen! Announcing tomorrow no more indoor spraying until ventilation in place Vote proposed, passed