Board Meeting - October 12th, 2020

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Board Meetings
Previous: September 14th, 2020 Meeting Procedure Next: Latest Meeting
Candidate: Board Meeting - November 9th, 2020

Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5

Agenda

  • Reminder - Check your Personal Liability Insurance to make sure your acts as a volunteer with Hive13 are covered.
  • Conflict of Interest Statements. Please sign and return.
  • Security Discussion: More tenants are moving into 2701. FabLab and more are visible from the elevator.
    • Reminder to check doors when closing up Hive13. Cameras, Space monitoring for activity/break in,
    • Access Control (Front Door, 3rd floor front door, North side door ground floor) Minimize the use of Key access. Should we change door lockbox codes?
    • Front Door closed status detection
    • Security Audit [COO]
    • Need for conference room, 2nd floor room currently locked
    • Freight Elevators - limited availability
    • bathroom/kitchen
    • vertical storage
    • dust collection
    • Matheson gas delivery
    • Wood and racks in the west end of 3rd floor. Use it. Take it for projects. Clear the space so we can expand. The stuff is ours to deal with.

COO Report / Issues

  • Communicated with all wardens
  • Flexibility needed to make it work
  • Changes to Wardens
  • Changes to Warden Areas
    • Ceramics
    • CNC Router
  • Clarification of Warden discount

Prioritize Projects

  • Air Quality: HVAC, Exhaust Fans, Dust collection, Air Filtration for COVID and fine dust
  • Doors to control noise and dust
  • Compressed Air requirements - Central compressor and long lines or multiple small quiet compressors? Phase spending
  • Kitchen
  • Ability to review Security cameras from outside of Hive13
  • QuickBooks for Nonprofits implementation - $60 to $75 annual through TechSoup
  • Budget
  • DocuSign Electronic document signature - $89 one time fee. Email based. Do liability waivers, membership agreements and conflict of interest affidavits
  • Leadership On-boarding. Training. Future Leader Pipeline

Engaging Members to get involved in Hive13 improvement projects


Frisbee Round

  • Do you have any personal projects that you are working on?

Minutes

  • Attendance: Lisa Crump, Kayla Lukawiecki, John Clark, Scott Hively, Drew Kirkman, Dave Schwinn, Dave Velzy, Chris Hodapp, Nancy Graven, Chris Davis, Jim Dallam

Security Concerns

  • Elevator
    • Some sort of curtain, something more complicated would have to work with the actual mechanism of the elevator and that sounds bothersome
  • Kayla has a backdrop frame to donate to hold some sort of covering.
    • Schwinn has a tarp
  • John has been conduction weekly walkabouts of making sure doors are locked, etc.
    • Make more copies of shut down procedure to put in the space
    • ie; near light switches

Access Control

  • John has simple door sensor for garage door
  • Hodapp can make a simple alarm/beeping contraption
  • Keep an eye out for door props and get rid of them in the mean time
  • Place sign on inside of RFID door to remind people not to prop door / make sure door is closed behind them

New member tours & Tuesday weekly meetings

  • Broadcast Tuesday meeting on projector in the space / or 2nd floor conference room (will eventually need to reserve this when there is more traffic)
    • Should be able to socially distance a good group in the conference room
  • Restructure tours to be after meeting. Try and keep meeting short and sweet. Good for potential new members to be involved in meeting.
  • Trying out format of 7:30 meeting and tour after meeting on Tuesday 10/13/20

Biggest Projects

  • Kitchen
  • Dust Collection
  • Air compression
  • Doors & Access Control
  • Vertical Storage
    • Put feelers out in membership. You don't need to be an expert, but if you have the interest, please speak up
    • We have a lot of members who have mentioned the enthusiasm to help, but may not have the specific knowledge. Let's try and make it aware that is absolutely fine.
    • Create specific Slack channels for these? Create offline work meetings to organize coordination on these projects.
    • Calendarly add on for Slack to coordinate availability?

Wardens

  • Have we outgrown the warden program?
    • General consensus; yes. Spaces are large enough now that it may be worth creating committees instead of having 1 individual carry that responsibility
      • Example: Here are 3 people who are well versed in the woodshop, (current warden maybe acts as committee head?)
        • Takes pressure off of the individual wardens, but still highlights that we have members with specific knowledge. Make sure we check in with our wardens to see what they need, also if they're doing alright
        • John has already been thinking about this
  • Do we need a ceramics warden? Can some areas be combined?
    • Will come back to this with restructure of warden program. Also will have to look at bylaw requirements dealing with wardens
      • Worth noting that someone should coordinate kiln time
  • Warden discount
    • As is - does not apply to Cornerstone membership - these are still $100, even if you are a warden.
    • General consensus to remove this. Also don't want members to feel like they need to stay wardens for discount, but not warden-ing. This shouldn't feel like an obligation.
      • Recognize some people may rely on discount - maybe offer scholarship membership or something similar?
  • Brad and Dave B already have taken on co-wardening electronics and it seems to be working well.