Board Meeting - October 14th, 2019
|Previous: September 9th, 2019||Meeting Procedure||Next: November 11th, 2019|
Date: October 14th, 2019 Time: 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Previous Action Items:
Action: Dave V: Follow up with Jim on official address change for Tax Documentation.
Action: Dave S: Fill out permit application for sign.
Action: Dave V: Ask Earl if we can put up sign.
Action: Will B. Set up basic method for inventory for implementation by group.
Action: Dave V. meet with Earl to continue negotiations on Cellar
- Legal - all waiting on feedback from ProBono.
- Finalize verbiage of family member addendum.
- Finalize Code of Conduct
- Satisfying the Government
- Permit needed for Outside Sign, additional requirements? (Dave S intends to obtain permit)
- Jim needs an Asset Inventory, is this something that can be done via Saturday cleanups and/or wardens?
- Update on Annual Budget creation.
- Will Spoke with Paul about laser repairs. Paul offered $1500 in November and a payment plan beyond after that if required.
- Basement update?
- Financially at what point do we pull the trigger?
- What time frame do we look at beginning the process?
- Basement update?
- Dave V: Follow up with Jim on official address change for Tax Documentation.
- Dave S: Fill out permit application for sign.
- On hold, earl cool with it, but wants a copy of the permit.
- Action: Dave S. to get working on permit application again
- Dave V: Ask Earl if we can put up sign.
- Will B. Set up basic method for inventory for implementation by group.
- Ready, use label maker and packing tape to print serial and QR
- Action: Will B to print first batch of labels and tell wardens and leadership what to do with them.
- Dave V. meet with Earl to continue negotiations on Cellar
- On hold due to laser and personal projects
ProBono Application for legal advice is in, waiting on approval
- Has been ~2weeks, should be 1-2 weeks more for app
- Will then work with director to build request for help
Annual budget creation
- Dave V did a prototype budget for ProBono app, review it in that info
- Paul has offered to pay $1500 in november as compensation
- Willing to pay incremental if that does not cover full damages
- General agreement that $1500 is an appropriate amount, assuming paul offers volunteer work going forward, (safety classes and/or Hive13 Improvement work)
- Insurance would go up a bit due to sq. ft. change, need to account
- Laser wrapping up, Dave V. needs a break for a while
- ~$400-600/ month budget increase likely to move into space
- 8-12 new members or cornerstone member conversions would cover the cost
- Already about half way there
- ~$3800/month income may be an appropriate goal for when we pull the trigger
- Or 100 members
- What new capabilities would we use additional space for?
- Stained glass and slumping/fusing
- Recording booth
- Photography and/or blackroom
- forging/casting (large)
- Jewelry casting
- Sign printer
- Leadership needs to put out a set of things to membership: What needs to be done?