Board Meeting - October 8th, 2018

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Board Meetings
Previous: September 10th, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next: November 12th, 2018

Agenda

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
    • Ryan
      • Send email to pending members encouraging interactions.
      • Scan and attach Doug's application.
    • Will
      • Post about Saturday cleanup
      • Post about warden hours.
      • Post a class template to the wiki.
    • Greg
      • Post on Cincy discord
      • Post open house page to wiki
      • Create newsletter.
    • General
      • Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member.
      • Encourage demonstrations in progress
  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Membership Status
    • Now a weekly thread for late payments
    • Update membership application policies
      • Did we succeed last month?
    • Former members using storage slots
  • Warden positions to fill
    • Metal - Open
  • Buzzkill
  • Open House
    • October 20th
    • What still needs to be done?
    • Advertising
      • reddit
      • Cincinnati Discord
      • Made in Camp Week
    • Liability Waivers
      • Sign a normal one
      • Just have an event waiver
      • Two-sided is slow?
    • Kegs of beer
  • Long Term Planning
    • Membership Plans for the next 2 years
    • Location Plans for the next 2 years
    • Where do we focus growth? Members? Member Engagement? Capability?
  • Newsletter
    • Greg dropped the ball, but did get a letter out about Open House. He'll try to do one for next month.
  • Processes and Procedures
    • What can we improve
    • What is tripping us up?
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture
    • Ordo ex chao
    • Social Events
      • Movie Night
      • Board Game Night
    • Outreach
    • Reddit weekend happenings
    • Classes

Minutes

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
    • Ryan
      • Send email to pending members encouraging interactions - not done?
      • Scan and attach Doug's application - done.
    • Will
      • Post about Saturday cleanup - done.
      • Post about warden hours - done.
      • Post a class template to the wiki - posted; getting refined.
    • Greg
      • Post on Cincy discord - done.
      • Post open house page to wiki - done.
      • Create newsletter - failed.
    • General
      • Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member - not done.
      • Encourage demonstrations in progress - done, after a fashion (mailed out about Open House)
  • Membership status
    • TO DO: Nancy to send e-mail to non-members using storage slots
    • Up a couple, down a couple members
  • Open House
    • Still to do
      • Hang signs
      • Print waivers - decided on normal waivers
      • We should create some sort of handout
        • It should have our web address and our mailing list.
        • We could also have a sign-up sheet for more information.
      • Dave to set up pre-engraved laser trinkets that can be flipped over and customized the day of
      • Greg to screw patch panel into server rack and get the front door to close
      • Clean the Annex a bit more
    • Food/drink
      • Going with canned beer for this one
      • Dave to get bottled water for both weekends; will re-stock after Saturday as needed.
      • Dave, Greg, and Nancy to bring in coolers (one needed for the 13th, two or three needed for the 20th)
      • Greg to get Nancy a list of food supplies for the event.
      • Greg to refill the soda machine (will have a "freebie" card available on the 20th to demonstrate the machine and provide soda.)
      • Dave posted a vote for $500 for this
    • Dave to pester FTC team about showing up with a demonstration
  • Future of the Hive
    • Dave is putting together a Five-Year Plan (but not in a pinko way or anything)
    • This should be a long-running discussion online
    • Members aren't helping
      • Dave raised the point of making an explicit expectation of turning in X hours of your time to better the Hive.
      • Greg said that idea has gone down in flames every time he's proposed it.
      • Nancy said that maybe we shouldn't have a numerical amount, but still suggest that Members help.
      • Perhaps as we build our membership, we could get the new Members in the habit of helping.
  • Newsletter
    • Try next month; Greg got swamped
    • Greg to post a list of topics online
  • Next meeting
    • November 12th
    • Dave to handle notifications