Board Meeting - September 10th, 2018

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Board Meetings
Previous: August 13th, 2018 Meeting Procedure Next: October 8th, 2018

Agenda

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
  • Open Finance Website updates
  • Membership Status
    • Now a weekly thread for late payments
    • Update membership application policies
      • What to do with the new bylaw changes?
      • How long before an application expires?
      • What constitutes progress or continued interest on an applicant's part?
  • Warden positions to fill
    • Metal - Open
  • Buzzkill
    • It's fast coming online.
    • Submitting tickets via broken@hive13.org will be up soon.
    • Wardens should get their accounts soon.
    • Waiting for DNS entries to make it available outside of the Hive.
    • We'll be organizing it as we go.
  • Open House
    • October 20th
    • What still needs to be done?
    • Advertising
      • reddit
      • Cincinnati Discord
      • Made in Camp Week
  • Re-invigorating Hive Culture
    • Ordo ex chao
    • Social Events
      • Movie Night
      • Board Game Night
    • Outreach
    • reddit weekend happenings
    • Classes


Minutes

  • Review of Action Items from last meeting
  • There were apparently no action items
  • Membership Report.
    • Two members have left this month
    • One erroneous cancellation has been reinstated.
  • We intend to accept members faster.
  • There are two pending memberships.
    • TODO - Ry to email pending members encouraging interactions.
    • Tim needs to submit paperwork
    • Doug to be accepted.
    • TODO - Ryan to scan and attach Doug's application.
  • TODO Amend Join page to indicate that applications must be submitted from the physical space, or after talking to a member.
  • Buzzkill
    • Ticketing system about to come online
    • Trouble tickets for equipment.
    • email broken to create a ticket.
      • QR code?
  • Open House
    • Coming up October 20th
    • TODO - Will to post about Saturday cleanup
    • TODO - Will to post about warden hours.
    • Advertising
      • TODO - Greg to post on Cincy discord.
      • TODO - encourage demonstrations in progress
      • TODO - Greg to post open house page to wiki
  • Made in camp is the week prior
  • Reinvigorating hive culture
    • Consideration of a monthly email newsletter.
      • Needs an unsubscribe feature
      • Send only to active members
      • TODO - Greg to create newsletter.
      • Build newsletter over the month, send after each board meeting.
      • Consider asking Usman for a newsletter layout.
      • TODO - discussion to continue in #marketing slack
  • PTDR to fly to above the lounge for temporary storage
  • Board game night to be held off until after the open house.
  • Kevin considering a wine and soft crafts event.
  • Outreach
    • Meetup posting seems to have worked well.
    • Classes - Mask making class coming up.
    • TODO - Will to post a class template to the wiki.