Board Meeting - September 13th, 2021
|Previous: August 9th, 2021||Meeting Procedure||Next: Latest Meeting|
Candidate: Board Meeting - October 11th, 2021
Time: 7:30 PM
Place: In Person and Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5
Committee Topics / Reports
Baseline set of communications that committees should do, and how can we make it easy? Kevin - "mailing list posts announcing meetings a few days before, with agendas, then follow up posts with minutes seem like a bare minimum" https://hive13.slack.com/archives/C02CN19RP5J/p1630522070031100
- Risk Management - Annual requirement to acknowledge Liability Waiver & Membership Agreement
- QuickBooks Implementation - Member Vote $300 for QB Pro Advisor
- Budget Executive Summary - Presentation & Discussion
- Donation Legalities - PBPO online seminar summary
- Electronic Signature on Liability Waiver and Membership Agreement
- Regular member surveys? https://hive13.slack.com/archives/C01CHM7FGG4/p1629813808158400
start time: 7:30pm end time: 8:32pm
Attendees: Tara K., Jim D., Chris D., Dave V., Jim C., Heath B., Drew K.
- Annual requirement to acknowledge the liabilty waiver
- board members and officers should probably carry $1m liability
- proposal is to create an online EULA-like reminder that people have to sign. Would require people to sign or acknowledge to even be in the Hive.
- we don't currently have this technology, we would need to create.
- This would not expire the previous waiver. It would just remind people that they have signed a liability waiver.
- Paul mentioned that this may serve as a reminder that people are paying us but now showing up, and will cancel their membership.
- Jim has mentioned that we have experienced some of this with the AC drive.
- Heath has mentioned that it would be like getting an update email on a security policy.
- it's just a reminder that we are responsible for the damage we do, both to the tools and themselves.
- we have come to the conclusion that we will let the operations committee put up safety signage around machines and such.
Finance Reminder that there is a finance channel in slack where a lot of discussion about Hive finances are openly discussed.
- $26,000 in reserves.
- We have some incumbered items.
- Finance committee is tackling some of the "bigger questions"
- Lot's of chatter, again, happening in the #finance channel in slack
- Open Topic:
- How do we prepare to expand to the rest of the 3rd floor.
- We can afford up to 700 more dollars a month with current monthly income, i.e. if the landlord were to come to us and say that they have someone they want to move into the space.
- idea here is to just be able to at least have a plan as we grow.
- There is a lot of information in the Finance channel.
- Kevin suggested that we survey the members to figure out what the members want
- tara: this should be taken on by outreach committee
- tara: outreach will take this and will get something together to present to leadership.
- maybe the best answer is to give people a way to give anonymous feedback