Board Meeting - September 14th, 2020

From Hive13 Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Board Meetings
Previous: August 10th, 2020 Meeting Procedure Next: Latest Meeting
Candidate: Board Meeting - October 12th, 2020

Time: 7:30 PM
Place: Google Meet Telecom
To join the video meeting, click this link: https://meet.google.com/bdr-rjhv-cbk
Otherwise, to join by phone, dial +1 302-751-5581 and enter this PIN: 260 934 004#
To view more phone numbers, click this link: https://tel.meet/bdr-rjhv-cbk?hs=5

Agenda

Safety

  • COVID Safety
  • General Hive13 Safety
  • 2701 Building safety and security improvements

Leadership transition

  • Annually review who is in the leadership roles for Facebook, Meetup, Hive13's web site content editors. Ensure that the list is appropriate and that current CTO and bitwarden are "owners".

Ongoing Projects

  • Who is project lead? Status? set priorities. Schedule work days to get help us complete the buildout
    • bathroom/kitchen
    • vertical storage
    • dust collection
    • Matheson gas delivery
    • Wood and racks in the west end of 3rd floor. Use it. Take it for projects. Clear the space so we can expand. The stuff is ours to deal with.

Warden Program Status Update

  • How's it going? Scheduled hours?
  • Any changes needed?

Cornerstone

  • What to do if more people want a Cornerstone space?
  • Limit and wait-list, or add four more?
  • This discussion will be very important if we ever do studio memberships

Member Status Report

  • membership and late payments stuff

CTO 3Q Update

  • Azure donation program 9 months in
    • Microsoft donates $3500 worth of Azure IaaS services annually to eligible nonprofits through TechSoup
    • T&C states this donation is for Hive operational uses only.
    • This kept intweb running through the move with almost no down time.
    • We have used $671 of our $3500 allotment as of noon today 9/14.
    • Reapplying in Dec/Jan
  • On-prem hardware: long term
    • Orwell died horribly and will need a long term plan for hardware. Right now it's transplanted into a spare computer I found.
    • Other hardware is old and we need to prepare for it to suffer a similar fate
    • Planning to move more workload to Azure as time allows. Camera NVR (Orwell) most likely will need to stay onsite but everything else (including Dumpstor) is on the table.
  • New phone number and porting from Google Voice to an actual VoIP provider
    • Moving to a VoIP provider will provide the space with telephone service that is inexpensive and supports E911.
    • The number port completed today 9/14 and E911 service was established today.
    • If 911 is called from inside the space, leadership is emailed immediately. I will be making a test call to 911 sometime this week after E911 is activated. This is coordinated with Cincinnati PD dispatch, please don't do the test yourself. Of course if there is an emergency call 911
    • Telephone reachability makes us friendlier for outreach and marketing. It can also serve as a rudimentary doorbell until we figure that out (one number that doesn't change can go on the sandwich board)
    • SMS/MMS is supported for visitors who prefer not to talk on the phone and an API is available to provide nifty services for members.
    • VoIP.ms cost matrix is below.
Line Item One-Time Cost Monthly Cost Per-Unit Cost Unit
Local Telephone Number 0.40 0.85
Outbound Voice Call 0.01 Minute
Inbound Voice Call 0.0090 Minute
E911 Service 1.50 1.50
SMS 0.0075 Message
MMS 0.02 Message

Finances

  • Outstanding
    • Paid lost rent check? Paid and receipt acknowledged
    • Paid HVAC duct? Paid and receipt acknowledged
    • Other move expenses? (? of $25k remaining)
  • Budget plan/projections looking forward
    • are we on the same page?
  • Amazon Business Account
    • lets us get tax exempt purchasing
    • we buy a lot from amazon, we should set this up
    • allows limiting authorized users.

Minutes

  • Attendance: Dave Velzy, Scott Hively, Dave Schwinn, Drew Kirkman, John Clark, Chris Davis, Kayla Lukawiecki, Lisa Crump, Jim Dallam, Nancy Graven

Leadership transition

  • Progress is being made on getting passwords, etc transferred to appropriate people
  • Having "job descriptions" for positions may be helpful for future leadership, as well as members interested in being more involved but unsure what is involved in being in leadership

Ongoing Projects

*Bottom line: People need to take a project, take ownership, and put out a call to action for work days. Don't expect people to be mind readers. We have plenty of eager members, they just need to know how to help

  • bathroom/kitchen
    • Velzy has taken on bathroom
    • Schwinn had been leading kitchen - fell by the wayside with kitchen priority being lowered, plus other things being more high priority
    • Agree that we want an amazing kitchen, but need to get something functional.
    • Chris is reopening his restaurant, and has some things that are no longer needed (ie stainless steel counters) Going to look over what he has, and determine if donation or at cost.
  • vertical storage
    • Area across needs to be cleared out. Jim & Brad have been working on setting up PTDR shrine, which certainly helps
    • Need to inform members who have large items dumped there to relocate. Look for expired parking passes through space
  • dust collection
    • No notes
  • Matheson gas delivery
    • Jim, Chris, Velzy and Kevin have been collaborating on this
  • Wood and racks in the west end of 3rd floor. Use it. Take it for projects. Clear the space so we can expand. The stuff is ours to deal with.
    • Things like maker faire items should be stored up top shelves.

Warden Program Status Update

  • Brian not present. Will discuss w/ him offline

Cornerstone

  • What to do if more people want a Cornerstone space?
    • Strong, unanimous agreement that if someone wants a cornerstone space, they should get one.
    • As noted earlier, space across from vertical storage could be made to be additional cornerstone spots. Need to get that cleared
    • No further discussion re: potential studio memberships

Member Status Report

  • Membership pretty steady
  • Had about 8 members sign up within last month

CTO 3Q Update

  • Call to tech saavy members - is there anything other than Orwell we want to keep on prem / improve upon suggestions since hardware is old
  • Velzy going to look into Docusign as an option for waivers, etc.
    • Would be nice to have a sign in kiosk eventually
    • Docusign has the benefit of being mobile, so if a kiosk goes down / multiple members signing up, they can use their phones
    • $75/year. Would need to be hosted
  • Again, new phone is up and running
    • Drew is going to perform 911 test later this week to be sure address comes up correctly on their end
    • If 911 is dialed, an email goes out to leadership immediately
    • Please do not take it upon yourself to do this test, Drew has it under control

Finances

  • Outstanding
  • Other move expenses? (? of $25k remaining)
    • Information available on google sheet provided via email by Jim.
    • Please contact him if you have not received
  • Budget plan/projections looking forward
    • Should begin accounting for AC
    • Someone needs to lead this
  • Amazon Business Account
    • Jim is going to look into what Louisville makerspace does
    • Kayla also looking into it