Build it Together!
Participants build new things to improve Hive13 in organized group build events (usually a single afternoon, evening, or day)
Organized group builds anyone can participate in. Most projects will be completed in less than one afternoon or day. Projects will be led by a community expert.
Anyone. No experience necessary.
Learn new skills. Complete certification on tools and equipment. Make something. Hang out.
Fri 3/2/18: Solid work table for hive13. Led by Lorin Parker
We'll build a basic, multi-purpose layout table based on design from opendesk.cc and modified for ergonomics and increased durability by Lorin Parker.
- Prepare CAM files for big CNC using autodesk fusion360 (vectric users welcome too)
- Drill holes, Cut contours and pockets on big CNC
- Assemble table with machined joinery and dowel pins.
- Prepare for wood finishing (oiling, painting, etc) -- finishing will happen on another day
- Furniture building
Tools / techniques:
- Fusion360 CAD
- Big CNC (finish your certification process!)