Bylaws Warden Addendum
|This page is generated and updated automatically by wikibot.|
| Pages related to Legal
Warning: Consult a physician before handling extreme levels of boredom.
|Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, Bylaws Membership Addendum, Bylaws Warden Addendum, Form 1023 Draft, Limit of Liability Form, Old Bylaws, Organizational Meeting, Record Book, Release of Liability|
Area wardens are active members who want to become experts of a ward and be looked up to as the representation of the hive mission. Area wardens are able to effectively offer advice, teach users how to properly and safely use their machines, maintain their space, and directly request replacements or improvements to items in their space. The increased responsibility of these members comes with the benefit of a reduced membership fee and direct access to funds for improvement of the space.
The COO has control of managing area wardens and their financial capabilities. The COO is responsible for ensuring that area wardens are respecting their ward of responsibility. The COO is responsible for proposing appointments and removal of area wardens to be decided by majority vote of the Board of Directors. Additionally, the COO and head warden are responsible for purchase and approval of funding for consumables/replacements from the warden budget allocated by the membership. Short monthly progress meetings will be held with wardens.
A total of $250 is allocated each month, in addition to the compensation given to the wardens. Area wardens have direct access to a spreadsheet for requesting parts/consumables for their area out of this budget. The COO and head warden make the decision whether these will be purchased from the warden budget or should be voted on by the hive membership at a regular meeting. Items are purchased by the COO or head warden, and the monthly summary is presented to the Board at each board meeting for approval and reimbursement to the COO and head warden.
Area wardens can choose to be compensated 50% of dues for full members and 100% of dues for student members (one dollar for accounting purposes). Current Officers and Directors may not receive Compensation as Wardens.
Area wardens are to:
- Post a picture with a name and quick summary of who they are as well as at least two reliable forms of contact (i.e. phone number, irc handle, email) to be contacted at in the case of questions or machine failure.
- Ensure that their space is kept clean (proactively and reactively).
- Keep machines reasonably maintained.
- Provide documentation and certification classes on major tools in area.
- Consumables/parts are replenished through the warden budget.
- Hold public open shop hours at least once a month at which the warden is presenti for 3-4 hours if members want to learn or receive help on a particular machine in their ward.
- Provide feedback on how to improve the warden system.
- Metalworking/Small Tools/Dirty Room/Welding
- Digital Fabrication Lounge (CAD/3D printing/Laser cutters)
- Lounge/Meeting Area
- Kitchen Area
- Electronics Area
- Head warden (not a separate warden, comes from current wardens)