December 19, 2017
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: December 12, 2017||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: January 2, 2018|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm to 7am.
- Liability waivers must be legible.
- Label your personal supplies & tools.
- Ask first before using materials which may belong to others - post to the mailing list!
- If in doubt ask the mailing list.
- Keep the space clean. If you need to have a mess, claim it on the mailing list.
- Try to get your stuff in your Member Storage spots in a box of some sort.
- Log into intweb, https://intweb.at.hive13.org/ and update your member info - particularly your e-mail address(es).
- Lorin is out for a month recovering from surgery. See Ry for secretarial/bureaucratic inquiries.
- Kevin is having another surgery.
- Ian is working on a report to correlate members to PayPal accounts and then can see who is still a member.
- Saturday Clean-up followed by potluck and Game Night coming up Jan 6th; Greg and Brad will post more information soon.
- Brad is going to have a mill and lathe class; he'll post on the blog and mailing list soon.
- Network stuff
- Got new switch; still need mounting hardware
- Moved the WiFi AP closer to the Annex, so we're getting a stronger signal in here.
- Starting work on moving network drops over to new switch.
- Here and set up
- We will be moving tools slowly and methodically
- High Speed Internet Access
- We have cable
- Brad will look into higher speed
The week in Wiki
- None this week
- Brad proposed a vote
- 3D delta printer projects
- Enough to get two working
- Need NEMA 17 stepper motors and controller boards
- Nancy - may make people pay candy if they don't do dishes, went on an urgent mission yesterday
- Ashleigh - finally finished book covers, made books
- Rainer - making chocolate bars, making molds
- Hunter - filled out application, went to library makerspace, needs
- Robin - Hunter's sister, checking us out
- Ian - network, report, making apartment cleaner
- Greg - intweb, fixed clutch in truck, Christmas lights
- Brad - made giant 741 op-amp
- Tim - practiced on the Ultimaker, needs new brake pads
- Caine - rave guy, working on new LED necklace, planning on Kickstarter for it
- Will - bored member - used the metal lathe to make a Christmas ornament, work sucks, bunny therapy
- Vigoresh - interested in CNC and laser cutter
- Kerensa - helped Kevin prep graphics for laser engraving
- Mike N - healed
- Brent - used Ultimaker, good print with PLA, ABS sucks, truck brake lines, soldering Mendel 90 controller
- Mike H - kicked in the dick by school, wants to get back into the Fab Lab, work on documentation
- Hodapp - finished last class for the Master's, got a 3D printer on Black Friday
- Mike - friend of Chris, brother of Amanda, visiting from Cleveland
- Dave V - toolbox, exploring educational device opportunities
- James - started working on train project again
- Ken - kidney stones, carpal tunnel, teeth removal, making some muzzleloader stuff, got a new dog
- Ryan - bored member - Interim Secretary - welder is on backorder, worked with Kevin on LED art on the laser
- Brian - 3D and 2D modeling
- Sean - hasn't been here in a while, discovered Z-wave, automating house