Drink Vending Machine
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Make/Model: Soda Vending Machine (google)|
|Does it work?: Yes|
|Certification Needed?: No|
The Vending machine takes cash as well as swipes from Hive13 RFID Member cards. Credits can be loaded onto cards via http://door.at.hive13.org (while connected to the hive13 wifi/ethernet).
- Dr. Pepper
- Mountain Dew
- Diet Coke
- Diet Mountain Dew
- Diet Dr. Pepper
- Random Slot (Contains assortment below. Button triggers randomized selection from all slots. Can access this slot by holding down buttons 1 & 3.)
- Mountain Dew Pitch Black
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast
- Mug Root Beer
- Orange Crush
- Wild Cherry Pepsi
- ?? dixie-narco vending machine
- Mars 2000 series bill acceptor
- Coinco 9370-S coin acceptor/control board
- Coinco 9360-S coin acceptor/control board
The Coinco box is what controls the actual dispensing for the most part. What happens is when money is inserted in either coin or bill form a signal is sent to the main controller board of the Coinco box (control board from here on). The control board has various power distribution pieces on it, but more importantly it has a microcontroller on it. The microcontroller is what tallies up the money inserted and sends the vend signal when the amount is high enough. It also dispense coins if exact change is not inserted.
When the micro sends out the vend signal it triggers a relay which provides power to all of the switches (buttons) on the front of the machine and the user then presses a button, sending power to a motor inside the cold part of the machine, which then rotates a certain amount to dispense a drink.
- Press buttons 1 & 2 to display the current temperature. Each light from the top down is a range of two degrees, with the top one being thirty-two degrees. Anything below or above the range is indicated by a green light on that end of the range. Blue is closer to the base temperature, and red is closer to the next button's base temperature.
- Press buttons 2 & 3 or 2 & 4 to turn on and off a Larsen scanner. This code is basically the idle loop of the MCU.
- Press buttons 5 & 6 to dispense a random diet soda.
- Press buttons 7 & 8 to dispense a random regular soda.
- Have the Arduino control the temperature.
- There's a temperature sensor already installed.
- Need to have strong protections against fluttering the relay that'll drive the compressor.