Feb 12, 2013
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: Feb 5, 2013||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: Feb 19, 2013|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Hodapp RasberryPi presentation.
- MakerFaire proposal from Jim
- To take a vote of the membership for HIVE13 to be identified as the official host organization for the event
- To form an event-specific steering committee consisting of Dave Menninger, Chris Davis, Jim Dallam, and others
- Open an event-specific checking account at PNC bank as HIVE13 [501(c)3 status] with Jim Dallam and Chris Davis as authorized signers
- Work with Jason to open and run a Kick-starter for seed donations to enable the event
- Based on income into the account, disburse funds to execute the MAKE event license agreement
- Based on income into the account, disburse funds to reserve the venue (Washington Park) for the day of the event (Oct. 12)
- To contact other potential event sponsors and acquire additional sponsorship contributions
- And other such actions as necessary to proceed with organizing and implementing the event
- Drew (Guest)
- Nancy (Guest)
- Adam (Guest)
- Vance (Guest)
- Vance's (Guest)
- Jason (Guest)
- Hodapp (Guest)
- Mike (Guest)
- Meteo (?) (Guest)
- Brent Shields
- Barry (Guest)
- Ian Wilson
- Matt Robins (Multi time guest)(Guest)
- Jon Cairnes (Guest)
- Patrick (Guest)
- Bill Steele
- Brian (Guest)
- Mike w/ Tiff
- Jason Vancleeve (Guest)
- Vijay (Guest)
- Shawn (Guest)
- John Clark (Guest)
- Joe (Guest)
- Business from Jim see above
- Looks like it passed.
Chris's Talk of Epic Proportions
- There is a display over the door in the bathroom that is driven by a RasberryPi
- The rasberryPi greatly simplified things.
- Went over a list of links with some usefull information for working on projects
- Low level ARM programming course
- Low level configuration information
- PWM Control software, PiBits
- Other Distros
- XBMC, OpenElec.tv
- Android 4.0 (ICS, badly)
- Debian, Slackware
- Acorn, RISC OS
- Plan 9
- GPU is fast, twice as fast as iPhone 4s
- Motorola Lapdock, they are cheap and have a battery, keyboard, mouse, and an LCD screen
- COLO for RasberryPi for free
- Code for Glass Block Display
- GPU doing Ray Tracing
- Can it run a JVM
- Yes, it can run Java
- In the repositories, needs to be installed
- How about logging in the GUI?
- Can you overclock?
- Yes, up to about 900 Mhz, sometimes more.
- Supported up to 1 Ghz
- Anyone have an active project w/ an RiPi
- OpenFrameworks gui, Open CV
- Vimeo demo videos
- Can this be used for a Pac Man cabinet? Is there analog video out?
- Yes, there is a MAME software build, and there is Composite video out, could get an adapter for the Video out
- The glass block display, how are you controlling the LEDS?
- We are using shiftbrite modules which you can control over a type of SPI, RPi has SPI in the kernel, but Shiftbrites do not use real SPI so it is being bitbanged.
- Module that has buffers the GPIO, couple of relays, $30-$35
- PiFace w/ some additional stuff.
- I got stuck writing the image to the SD card...
- He is on Windows, did not bring his SD card (sadness)
- Can it run a JVM