February 23, 2016
From Hive13 Wiki
|Previous Meeting: February 16, 2016||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: March 1, 2016|
Time: 7:30 PM
- Leave work surfaces clear!
- New Noise Curfew - Quiet hours are 10:30pm until further notice.
- Are we planning on doing something about the air compressor noise?
- Liability waiver legibility.
- Warden help/suggestions from membership
- If you notice consumables are out, a tool has an issue, etc email email@example.com
- New Year, New Tools!
- Have you checked the wishlist?
- Tour of Hivetooley
- Laser update
- WARNING - Ensure that compressed air is flowing before cutting! The failure mode for this condition is FIRE!
- 3D Printers
- Bill has taken delivery of the temperature amplifier.
- CNC update
- Vectric Makerspace Program - Behold the power of procrastination.
- Laser update
- Jim D- Opening day parade.
- We need volunteers for this. 2 or 3 would be great.
- Jim D- San Francisco makerfaire.
- We were accepted, and they're giving us $18,000 towards getting there.
- We need at least 8 people to go out there and help run it.
- Looking for other sponsors, also
- Bi-weekly make-a-thon - Microcontrollers and open hack!
- Welcome to new member Alex MacDonald
- Propose a vote for $250 for a new oscillating sander.
- Coy wants to switch over to the Makerspace edition of Vectric - this allows members to install the software at home and do *everything* but generate G-Code.
- Andrew brought in some wire. Six spools of wire. Details forthcoming.
- Stay tuned for second Tuesday speaker info from Jim.
- Dave B brought a carbon fiber tube. Look at it. Nifty.
- The mobile is leftover CNC milled aluminum aircraft parts from Jim D.
- Ryan - Tested RFID keyfobs for Hive door access. Building an MPCNC.
- Greg - ready to pour silver bullets, started putting together Mom's BMW, loaded soda machine
- Brett - found us two years ago, back, makes doorbells that ring rotary phones
- Lee - used to work at P&G, retired, looked for 2600 which led him here
- Steve - Lee's son, tagged along, designs fire sprinklers for a living
- Ian - Shaved and polished head, working on website issues for LARP group, working on new Hive print server (named deadtrees), working on giant whiteboard for apartment
- Dave Lear - worked on truck, a plotter, a cutting board, very busy
- John - went to new Hyde Park Belgian Waffle place (Taste of Belgium), saw projection system, fascinated, wants one
- Will - got farther on a couple things he's working on this week
- Tom - job hunt and classes, working on candy-making machine
- Tim - still working on wooden sword prop project, eventually wants to learn wood lathe work
- Coy - Worked on wooden spoon carving, more CNC work
- Franklin - busy with work, not here for a while, working on PTDR codebase
- Jim - had a crew working on a separate PTDR website, wants more people to help with it, and working on cable car Arduino project for trip for SF
- Andrew - waiting on parts