February 9, 2010
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Previous Meeting: February 2, 2010||Meeting Procedure||Next Meeting: February 16, 2010|
Time: 7:30 PM
Space: Anchor Building, 2929 Spring Grove Ave.
Status Updates / Old Business
- alarm system
- ignite on 3/3 (laser graffiti)
- Network configuration
Items to be Voted on
Assigning Next Actions
- Metal Lathe 101 (by Jim)
Come see and learn simple metal turning operations on the shoebox-size hobbyist Sherline 4000 lathe http://www.sherline.com/. I'll setup after the business meeting to do a quick show-and-tell to show the kit, review vocabulary terms, and do some OD (outside diameter), ID (inside diameter) turning, facing, drilling, and boring operations on that lathe. Note 'boring' is a technical term for making a precision hole and not just a comment on the instructor's lack of presentation skills!
- Chris Davis
- Chris Hodapp
- what all are we going to do all day?
- jim talked to someone
- we should actually call the membership dues "pledges" instead
- everyone is in favor of making everything as simple as possible
- why can't certain devices ping each other?
- for now we will say that full members are entitled to a locker
- first come first serve basis
- lock your stuff up before this saturday
- met a guy at the surplus sale that has a cool art stuido
- dude needs a big huge projector
- we will all go check it out
- Jim was wondering about the laser
- we should get a kickstarter going and do research
- we should do it before the ignite