Brother Innov-is 1250D Sewing and Embroidery Machine
|List of All Documented Equipment|
|Hive13 Asset Tag: HV0256|
|Make/Model: Brother Innov-is 1250D (google)|
|Arrival Date: August 2021|
|Does it work?: Yes|
|Certification Needed?: no|
|Contact: Lisa C.|
|Floorplan: Sewing Area|
The Innov-is 1250D is a combination sewing and embroidery machine. See this page for more information.
Please contact User:Llcrump to get a better idea of the certification process for this machine. Certification requirements are at the discretion of the Craft & Sewing Warden.
Note: The embroidery machine specifically uses embroidery thread and it uses prewound bobbins. Do not wind your own bobbin. Especially DO NOT wind a bobbin from embroidery thread. 'Cheap' embroidery thread is still 3-4 times as expensive as regular thread. If the thread tension is properly set for the bobbin & upper thread the bobbin thread should not be visible on the right side of the fabric.
Embroidering Custom Design
This Reddit post has a lot of information that I found useful: https://old.reddit.com/r/Machine_Embroidery/comments/otfkc6/machine_embroidery_guide/
Step by Step Custom Lettering
Here's how to do custom lettering:
- With Inkscape, add the Ink/Stitch extension to Inkscape.
- In a new Inkscape window, go to 'Extensions --> Ink/Stitch --> Lettering, and a window will pop up.
- Add your text, select your font, size your text box, and then save the file as a
.dstfile to a USB thumb drive.
- Note: USB Drive must be FAT32 formatted.
- Then, follow the instructions in the manual to embroider from a USB file.
- Note: The proper steps to set up the machine will need to be followed before starting the job.
What do I do if I screw something up?
First, don't worry. Failing, learning, and trying again is a critical part to the creative process.
Second, contact User:Llcrump and discuss what the next steps should be.